Posts in This Forum Do Not Show Up in "New Content"

I don't know what the deal is. . . . I had been wondering why nobody on gmg.com was posting anything about Carlos Ortiz's fantastic showing this last weekend. I finally thought to check specifically in the "Mean Green Athletics" forum, and found something.

But that's not typically the way I check up on gmg.com. . . . I always go straight to "New Content"--if it doesn't show up there, I usually don't know it exists.

I thought I noticed this a week or so ago when I happened to find another thread in this forum that I otherwise would have missed.

So what's the deal? Is it a glitch? Or is it intentional; i.e., not seen as being as important as the other forums?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We purposefully limited the forum threads that show up in the view new content function. Part of that is due to the fact we have some of the forums which are fed stories through RSS and it would overwhelm the content feed. We have also tried to have the new content feed off of the most posted forums ie football, basketball etc. If you would like to include the athletics forum in this it can be done. Some of the other forums it probably wouldn't make as much sense. I am open to suggestions on this. I typically use new content as well as going to the specific other forums periodically. Guests do not have access to the view new content function and thus have to search by forum.

Thanks for the response, Harry. I guess it's a matter of personal preference, but I would prefer that new posts in this thread show up in new content. IMO, the fact that there isn't much traffic in it makes it all the more helpful if it shows up in new content. That is, someone is not very likely to regularly check a specific forum that rarely has anything in it. And if there isn't that much in it, it's not as if it's going to crowd up the "New Content" page.

• Upvote 6

There are several of us who are also very interested in the "minor" sports and would appreciate the ease of using the "New Content" function. Since we tend to do well in some of these sports on a consistent basis (i.e. tennis, golf, softball, soccer) it would be great for more fans to see these posts if they use the "New Content" function. I hope you will give Mean Green 93-98's request serious consideration.

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I've changed the settings to allow for Mean Green Athletics posts to show when you click "View New Content"...

Thanks for the feedback! I've tested it but if one of you who wanted it will verify with a post on here I would appreciate it! GMG

PS message to guests -- you really ought to consider registering as you will also get the "view new topics" button which makes navigating new content on the site easy!