Noah Joseph is Leaving

DentonAmerica

Come on, raise some salaries, thought this guy was next in line for DC after Skladany. Need to hurry up and announce the McCarney extension.

At some point, we're gonna want some young blood on the team and not just Mac's buddies (which are fantastic coaches--just saying.)

Gotta lock up Skladany and Chico...make sure they don't go anywhere first and foremost.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The photo is his girls wearing North Texas gear. Super enthusiastic about NT. We must really have a salary problem. I guess at the end of the day people have different values than I do--money talks--that's why this time of year is frustrating.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Don't you know DD had these same discussion with RV that Coach Mac has had or is bound to have in the future with RV? Wonder if better facilities or better funding to hire assistance coaches would have made DD job any easier? Makes you appreciate DD Sunbelt Conference win streak, and 4 straight Sun Belt Title's all the more!!!

Coach Mac said he was in no hurry to fill Walters vacancy. I should be no suprise Mac will take his time filling a assistance position that he has $63,000 bullett's in his gun or dollars to offer an assistant coach. Wonder how much high school assistant coach's make a year. Maybe Mac is trying to wait long enough to get RV to give him more assistant coaches salary dollars to work with.

If UNT althletic budget is this tight no wonder RV doesn't have the guts to fire his "Man Crush Love Coach Benford" Begining to think UNT is UT's or A&M's UAB?

What is the AD department doing with all the profit from HOD ticket sales and CUSA bowl money?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Don't you know DD had these same discussion with RV that Coach Mac has had or is bound to have in the future with RV? Wonder if better facilities or better funding to hire assistance coaches would have made DD job any easier? Makes you appreciate DD Sunbelt Conference win streak, and 4 straight Sun Belt Title's all the more!!!

Coach Mac said he was in no hurry to fill Walters vacancy. I should be no suprise Mac will take his time filling a assistance position that he has $63,000 bullett's in his gun or dollars to offer an assistant coach. Wonder how much high school assistant coach's make a year. Maybe Mac is trying to wait long enough to get RV to give him more assistant coaches salary dollars to work with.

If UNT althletic budget is this tight no wonder RV doesn't have the guts to fire his "Man Crush Love Coach Benford" Begining to think UNT is UT's or A&M's UAB?

What is the AD department doing with all the profit from HOD ticket sales and CUSA bowl money?

Yeah, no kidding. Freaking ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Looks like a valid scoop Denton, so kudos to you for breaking it -- even though as a fan it's disappointing to hear.

Vito had this: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/02/noah-joseph-update-late-night-hoops-thoughts.html/

Agreed. Good find DA, although it's big-time bummer.

And yes, as everyone is saying, we just have to be able to start paying the assistants. Wish Joseph and Walters luck, but the work they did in the recruiting trail will benefit us long after their departure this year. Despite all this, I love Mac's ability to replace assistants.

Enter Coach Kevin Patrick as the new recruiting coordinator!

• Upvote 1

DUKE!?

Jesus Christ.

Glad we've lost two coaches to basketball schools with less football history than we have.

Ryan, stop knee-jerking.

This is the same Duke that has seen the same rise in the same time that we have, finished second in the ACC this year to the national champion, and went toe-to-toe with A&M for what was probably the most entertaining bowl game this season.

Don't try to act like we're above lowly Duke.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Ryan, stop knee-jerking.

This is the same Duke that has seen the same rise in the same time that we have, finished second in the ACC this year to the national champion, and went toe-to-toe with A&M for what was probably the most entertaining bowl game this season.

Don't try to act like we're above lowly Duke.

Right? Emphasis on the fact that Duke almost won said bowl game against A&M in front of a FAR larger audience than we beat UNLV in front of. Combine that with their AD budget being............oh............ almost 3x what ours is........and I could see how they have the opportunity to hire away one of our lower paid staff members.

Don't bother retorting (not meant for you CW) with the fact that a large portion of that budget goes to basketball. Of course it does.... but we can also see that Memphis basketball team provides a far larger paycheck to the football assistants than we do + both are in better conferences no matter how you dice it.

No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The photo is his girls wearing North Texas gear. Super enthusiastic about NT. We must really have a salary problem. I guess at the end of the day people have different values than I do--money talks--that's why this time of year is frustrating.

Dude get of your high horse...if he has an opportunity to take care of his family I can't blame him for that.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This is not the NFL where its easy to maintain stability in coaching staffs because everybody is on the same level. If your a lower level school like we are and you have GOOD years its going to be hard to keep your staff together. Better jobs will come along and there is nothing you can do about it. Sure you can raise the salary a little bit, but you wont be able to get it high enough to avoid losing coaches.

Its a good sign that other programs want the coaches that we have. It will make it easier to replace those coaches that do leave as well. Other coaches will see UNT as a potential stepping stone to the next level and thats why your going to have a lot of people apply for coaching jobs at UNT.

Its tough to be losing these good young coaches, but its not surprising. Its also not surprising to lose a coach to Duke. If Coach Joesph does well there it wont be his only stop along the way. He will eventually get other bigger offers.

Whoever said we are a better place to be than Duke? Some people just don't understand. Love the passion even though your lack of knowledge is a bit disturbing.

• Upvote 4