Tulane vs. ULL tonight at 8pm

Harry

I'm real pleased at the way things turned out for us this season but watching Santos miss that FG...you can't help but think what if...

What if we had beaten Ohio, Tulane, UTSA? They were ALL games we could have won. Our record would have been 11-1 with our only loss against a top ranked Georgia team who we were tied up with in the 3rd...

Would 11-1 gotten us a top 25 recognition... I have to think it could have. Could we have been a BCS buster? It's possible.

It's gonna take a while for this team to completely shake the loser mentality. That's what I chalk up those 4 losses to.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not one to second guess games we could have won. Just about every team in the country loses games they could have won and loses ones they could've lost.

Unless you win by all blowouts and lose by 10+ there's gonna be coulda woulda shoulda's in either direction.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

I'm real pleased at the way things turned out for us this season but watching Santos miss that FG...you can't help but think what if...

What if we had beaten Ohio, Tulane, UTSA? They were ALL games we could have won. Our record would have been 11-1 with our only loss against a top ranked Georgia team who we were tied up with in the 3rd...

Would 11-1 gotten us a top 25 recognition... I have to think it could have. Could we have been a BCS buster? It's possible.

Top 25 for sure, but not quite BCS. We'd probably be ranked 16-18.

None, really. The closest thing would probably be Ball State. Most of our wins were pretty decisive

Outside of Ball St,, all of our wins were by at least by 12 (Rice). Then 15 (La.Tech), then 5 blow outs (USM, UTEP, Idaho, MTSU, and Tulsa).

Nothing to question about any of them. I actually put Ohio and Tulane on the coaching staff for refusing the throw the ball downfield until it was too late.

Ohio also had a little to do with a defense that hadn't found its legs quite yet, starting 2 CBs that would eventually lose their starting jobs.

Losing to that craphole in San Antonio was unacceptable, and a failure by all involved.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12-1 with the conference championship would've gotten us ranked. Wouldn't have been BCS busters (you need to be undefeated for that, no exceptions) but we would've been ranked going into the Liberty Bowl.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, it's a big what if. We should have beat Tulane and UTSA, no doubt about it. We went into the Ohio game with early season jitters/road game jitters and was outplayed by in my mind an inferior team. So it's hard to chalk up that Ohio game as a what if game. We also stole one from Ball State. So realistically a 10-2/9-3 season hosting the CUSA championship game was very doable and should have happened. The team, coaching staff, and fans need to run with this momentum. A 9 win season is doable next year even with the loss of DT, Orr, Bellazin, Trice and Co. I am glad to be going to Dallas for a bowl game, but this is just the beginning. GMG

• Upvote 1

This color commentator is awful.

This. He spent all game long second guessing what was and wasn't a penalty. On the tulame pass interference call, he went on and on about how bad of a call it was, only to have to backtrack when they showed the defender pulling the reciever's arm down.

Related note, did anyone else think it was a low blow to call ULL Southeastern Lousiana. The play by play guy knew it was wrong in mid sentence, but didn't stop, He just tried the apology afterwards.

God, I hate espn.