Projections as we near the end of OOC?

JesseMartin

With this year obviously being less impressive than hoped (along with last year of course) I went over stats, SOS, etc. to see about where I would expect we could reasonably end up. Assuming we win about half of what I expect to be "close games" and without expecting any big upsets or losing (more) games we should expect to win, I'm thinking 14-16, and 6-10 in conference. I would expect that to put us around 9th or 10th going into the tourney.

So how far off do you think I am? Does anybody else have similar expectations?

Loved Vito's quote from his blog last night:

"And UNT "Hit Six" at 6-5! Oh wait, wrong sport."

LOL!

I don't know about Riverside, I think they will be tough to beat but still assumed it in my total. I think we split Tulane and Marshall.

(edited out a game we don't play this year...not sure why I put that in? I think I was thinking "USM" but just read the post about New Orleans so put "UNO" instead.)

Edited by JesseMartin

• 2 months later...

I was WAY off. I didn't see us beating A&M, and 6-10 in conference put us in 11th place, not 9th or 10th. So by bumping this I guess I deserve another big "so what, anybody could've predicted that" from the same 2 people that derided me for making a Super Bowl prediction almost 2 months ahead of time.

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 1