Rice Fans Post Game Thoughts

Harry

There's a difference between what we saw last night, and what we saw October 5, in New Orleans.

Last night, the better team clearly won.

The team that beat UNT on October 5th routinely has people scratching their heads after each game. The defense is good (not great), but luck has to run out sometime, right?

And, you would think a superior team (one of the best red zone offenses in the nation) would be able to punch it in with 8 chances inside the 10, wouldn't you? Wouldn't the superior team also recognize the best player in the conference standing ready for a punt and NOT punt it to him so he can't take it to the house?

I mean lesser teams do beat superior teams every week. All that matters is who won the one time you did play...not the hypothetical nine other times.

(See USA vs USSR 1980 Lake Placid)

However, I don't think Rice is better than we are even if we did play a ten game series.

Meh.

We said the same things about Tulane, who then went on to be alone in 1st place in the west after we said those things.

I hope we suffer a fate similar to Tulane.

To a degree...but remember we had to beat the refs at Tulane and against Rice and only pulled it off in one...I suspect Tulane's luck will run out soon, so I hope we suffer a slightly different fate.

Unless I missed it, I saw no reference by Rice fans

to "The Stand". I have been Eagle football fan since freshman year 1961,and this is best I have ever seen. In fact, this is probably the best goal line stand I have ever seen period.Great game,great halftime, and best uniforms ever, especially helmets!