Question for UNT students on the ground in Denton

Harry

What's the poop scoop on attendance and interest in the game on Thursday?? Any buzz around campus regarding students and faculty, greeks etc making plans to be there? Are the professors helping or hurting the cause? Are the promotions (free Ipads etc) having any effect? Just interested on what you are hearing there on the ground.

I'm in a bit of weird position being both a graduate student and a staff member, so I'm not anywhere close to being a representative sample.

None of my Ph.D. cohort are talking about it, but that's not surprising. I've offered to take a few of them to games before, but they're not interested. In all fairness, most of them who live here in town are foreign nationals and American football isn't really their thing.

Lots of talk among staff about the game. I spent about 20 minutes talking to an executive-level administrator about it earlier today.

The iPad Air giveaway is good thinking; promotions like that ought to convert a few maybes into butts in seats for those who are considering going but are on the fence about it versus getting their Halloween partying started early. I really like that kind of active, engaged stuff to get new people to the stadium. We should be doing something like this every game.

Edited by MeanGreenWithEnvy
  • Upvote 2

I put out a tweet on the game info and how we would be bowl bound including a night shot of apogee.

It caught like wild fire.

I'm not connected with many current students but somehow I ended up with over 50 retweets in a day. Most of which are current students and some players.

Not including any retweets of a retweet it seems like there is a lot of buzz.

Should be the biggest student turnout ever I'm betting since everyone will be on campus and not out of town for the weekend

• Upvote 2

I'm asking every undergrad I know to show up on Thursday. It's nice to have a compelling story to tell them about how this team is fun to watch and doing well. In my experiences, the old three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust reasons like "you should go because it's your school" just don't work with most folks who haven't been to a game. Being able to approach them with some great performance on the field is a great boost in converting maybes into yeses.

• Upvote 1

I have just one class, but today was the most frustrated I have ever been with a teacher. After falling all over herself promoting everything UT, this dumbass then said UNT's new stadium wasn't as good as Southlake's. Then just as class was ending she suggested we all watch the Baylor - OU game to watch OU get trounced.

• Upvote 2

I have just one class, but today was the most frustrated I have ever been with a teacher. After falling all over herself promoting everything UT, this dumbass then said UNT's new stadium wasn't as good as Southlake's. Then just as class was ending she suggested we all watch the Baylor - OU game to watch OU get trounced.

Tell her she should check her pay stub. If she doesn't like where she is then give her directions to I35 South.

• Upvote 4

Better yet, post the @$$hat's real name on here.

Not sure of their real name it was't the regular instructor. I am in a research class and for two weeks we have a tax research portion. I can tell you she teaches ACCT 5310.

Edit: Allison McLeod

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 2

I've seen signs promoting the game. Didn't see a line for ticket pickup mostly because I don't know where they were doing it. I know it is usually around the library mall but all I saw today was a fraternity doing fundraiser. I've heard of a professor who will give you bonus points if you find him at a game,anyone know who this is?

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

Is this her? http://www.cob.unt.edu/profiles/932