not too sure Tulane or anyone wants that New Orleans Bowl

Harry

Right, cause nothing brings in recruits like talking about how great a Todd Dodge is while he is going 1-11.

Biggest load of BS ever.

If people don't think like you, you don't want to hear from them. That has been a HUGE problem for this program for years. Just ignore the negative and pretend everything will be ok.

If reality is considered negative, well, I guess I'm negative. But I know we have a LOT of work to do to get 30k at any game, home or close road bowl.

Ignoring that reality won't make it go away.

UNT90, you are trying to win an argument that you cannot possibly come close to winning with your always non-stop negative posts. And then you get pissed at many of us for calling you out on every one of them; that is, those that we choose to read knowing what we're going to hear from you...again). I know...it's now time to isolate and demonize the one who is telling you all this as what so many others (than just myself) think about your (always) negative posts.

We've all posted a less than positive post from time to time, but most of us eventually come back to the high road. You see a dark cloud for every silver lining post that any of us post. There is really something deeply wrong with that. If this is all about getting attention, is this the kind of attention you really want?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Sorry if I was vague in the way I stated it...I don't expect 250K to be scrambling for bowl tickets this year, but I do think every win, every bowl, and every big season with good press will keep getting more and more re-involved and less disenfranchised. We may never recapture the hearts of everyone who lost faith and/or had a bad experience, but there will be some momentum in returning fans to mirror the momentum in re-growth of the program.

Well said.

Right, cause nothing brings in recruits like talking about how great a Todd Dodge is while he is going 1-11.

Biggest load of BS ever.

If people don't think like you, you don't want to hear from them. That has been a HUGE problem for this program for years. Just ignore the negative and pretend everything will be ok.

If reality is considered negative, well, I guess I'm negative. But I know we have a LOT of work to do to get 30k at any game, home or close road bowl.

Pot meet kettle. You start a thread regarding the La Tech game and our slow start that gets everyone in an uproar and then refuse to post when we get it going and take the lead. It is okay to look at the positive occassionally. Try it. You might be surprised have much happier you'd be. Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3

UNT90, you are trying to win an argument that you cannot possibly come close to winning with your always non-stop negative posts. And then you get pissed at many of us for calling you out on every one of them; that is, those that we choose to read knowing what we're going to hear from you...again). I know...it's now time to isolate and demonize the one who is telling you all this as what so many others (than just myself) think about your (always) negative posts.

We've all posted a less than positive post from time to time, but most of us eventually come back to the high road. You see a dark cloud for every silver lining post that any of us post. There is really something deeply wrong with that. If this is all about getting attention, is this the kind of attention you really want?

Dude, I could give an F about attention. I'll leave that to your 5,000 word post self.

My opinions are my opinions. Just because I wont proclaim RV the greatest AD ever in the history of all-time, won't jump on the 25 year extension band wagon for DMac, and don't have the delusional belief that we will draw 30k to a holiday bowl game when we can't even draw it to the opening of a beautiful new stadium doesn't mean I'm negative, just based in reality.

You were, also, several year ago. Then you stopped posting, took a happy pill, and are back. And that's great. But some things simply haven't changed.

Pointing that out when people like you go into fantasy land isn't negative, it's just a dose of reality that you can't seem to stomach.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Pot meet kettle. You start a thread regarding the La Tech game and our slow start that gets everyone in an uproar and then refuse to post when we get it going and take the lead. It is okay to look at the positive occassionally. Try it. You might be surprised have much happier you'd be.

God forbid I don't rush back to answer your post immediately, eh? Maybe I wanted to enjoy a football game and then make the 5 hour drive home. The same drive I made that morning.

Did you make that drive? Or just sit in front of a computer screen all day, waiting in anticipation for my next post?

LOL!!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Biggest load of BS ever.

I enjoy your posts. I don't think you are always negative. Honest talk about our teams the last decade is naturally going to sound negative sometimes because of the black cloud we've been under. The forecast looks better these days though.

Here are my thoughts. Over beers in the heat before the Idaho game my friend and I were talking about how UNT is like an abusive spouse. She will beat you at home. She will cheat on you. Then apologize. We'll say UNT is just stressed out at work. Then we'll come home. It's a vicious cycle but we will keep coming back. Time and time again. But lately she isn't abusive. She is starting to treat us like we expect to be treated.

Drunken logic but I start every season optimistic and take a beating. I don't think we'll get let down this year. I really don't.

• Upvote 5

Playing on News Years Day in Dallas against an Iowa team that will only bring a couple of thousand means attendance at the game will be what we normally see at home games. About 17k.

It's a step in the right direction, and nothing more.

A couple thousand...really......Time to defend my alma mater the University of Iowa....The Hawkeyes have always had high attendance at bowl games and a game in Dallas on New Year's Day should be no different. Here is the attendance for their bowl games in their recent history along with their regular season attendance for that year:

2005 Season Outback Bowl vs Florida 65,881 70,585 Average Home Attendance

2006 Season Alamo Bowl vs Texas 65,875 70,585 " " "

2008 Season Outback Bowl vs South Carolina 55,117 70,169 " " "

2009 Season Orange Bowl vs Georgia Tech 66,131 70,211 " " "

2010 Season Insight Bowl vs Missouri 53,453 70,585 " " "

2011 Season Insight Bowl vs Oklahoma 54,247 70,585 " " "

Edited by Green59
  • Upvote 6

I enjoy your posts. I don't think you are always negative. Honest talk about our teams the last decade is naturally going to sound negative sometimes because of the black cloud we've been under. The forecast looks better these days though.

Here are my thoughts. Over beers in the heat before the Idaho game my friend and I were talking about how UNT is like an abusive spouse. She will beat you at home. She will cheat on you. Then apologize. We'll say UNT is just stressed out at work. Then we'll come home. It's a vicious cycle but we will keep coming back. Time and time again. But lately she isn't abusive. She is starting to treat us like we expect to be treated.

Drunken logic but I start every season optimistic and take a beating. I don't think we'll get let down this year. I really don't.

If we are in what they call the honeymoon phase, I like it. I like it very much.

I just hope the next beating isn't USM.

After all, they say it comes when you least expect it.

A couple thousand...really......Time to defend my alma mater the University of Iowa....The Hawkeyes have always had high attendance at bowl games and a game in Dallas on New Year's Day should be no different. Here is the attendance for their bowl games in their recent history along with their regular season attendance for that year:

2005 Season Outback Bowl vs Florida 65,881 70,585 Average Home Attendance

2006 Season Alamo Bowl vs Texas 65,875 70,585 " " "

2008 Season Outback Bowl vs South Carolina 55,117 70,169 " " "

2009 Season Orange Bowl vs Georgia Tech 66,131 70,211 " " "

2010 Season Insight Bowl vs Missouri 53,453 70,585 " " "

2011 Season Insight Bowl vs Oklahoma 54,247 70,585 " " "

Look at the teams they played. It wasn't a swipe at Iowa at all.

Do you seriously think their fan base would be excited to play UNT? I don't. But, hell, maybe they would be ready to get out of the snow.

God forbid I don't rush back to answer your post immediately, eh? Maybe I wanted to enjoy a football game and then make the 5 hour drive home. The same drive I made that morning.

Did you make that drive? Or just sit in front of a computer screen all day, waiting in anticipation for my next post?

LOL!!

Oh, I forgot the rules. Since I wasn't there, because I live roughly 10 hours from Ruston, my opinion doesn't hold as much weight as your "reality." Typical logic. You can't wait to jump on here 6 minutes in to the game to bitch about something, but you must enjoy the remainder of the game and drive 5 hours home before posting a response. I make the same drive for home games that you made for this one, but I will remember to bow at your feet next time we cross paths.

I think you fail to realize that you refer to your opinion as reality, whether talking football or beer, and dismiss everyone that may have a differing point of view. You may find out that responding respectfully, whether you agree or not, would not create such responses from others.

• Upvote 3

Look at the teams they played. It wasn't a swipe at Iowa at all.

Do you seriously think their fan base would be excited to play UNT? I don't. But, hell, maybe they would be ready to get out of the snow.

Uh, you don't think they want to get out of the snow by New Years? See some football? Man, maybe you need to spend more time in the cold. Besides, I don't think you've talked to many Iowans lately. It's like almost everybody I've met there knows more about the history of UNT football than almost anybody in Texas, including some here on this board. THEY LIKE FOOTBALL. They know of North Texas. They have nothing against North Texas. They'll play North Texas. Whatever you say they won't, they will. Book it.

Edited by eulessismore

Let me just say this for the record IF and that is a big IF we get fortunate enough to play Iowa in the Heart of Dallas Bowl Green59 will be flying so damn high he will be dancing on top of Big Tex during that game!! Coach Mac would be elated too of course. Crazy to talk about this stuff so prematurely but so damn fun. Evan and I discussed the sad fact that we had not won two consecutive ball games since freaking 2004 on the podcast tonight. And you wonder why our fanbase feels so beaten down?? That has to be one of the worst tales in all of college football. The good news is we have persevered, we have fought the good fight and appear now to be back in the game again thank goodness! GMG!

Oh, I forgot the rules. Since I wasn't there, because I live roughly 10 hours from Ruston, my opinion doesn't hold as much weight as your "reality." Typical logic. You can't wait to jump on here 6 minutes in to the game to bitch about something, but you must enjoy the remainder of the game and drive 5 hours home before posting a response. I make the same drive for home games that you made for this one, but I will remember to bow at your feet next time we cross paths.

I think you fail to realize that you refer to your opinion as reality, whether talking football or beer, and dismiss everyone that may have a differing point of view. You may find out that responding respectfully, whether you agree or not, would not create such responses from others.

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

I'll try to stick to your posting schedule next Saturday. Whatever the hell that may be. Lol.

• Upvote 1

Maybe you should follow your own advice.

I'll try to stick to your posting schedule next Saturday. Whatever the hell that may be. Lol.

OK guys lets take this outside. Getting too personal. I will have to sic KingDL1 on you if this continues.

Freaking Tulane -- causes nothing but anger and resentment amongst our fanbase.

Big Ten fans travel in masse to Bowl games. It's one of the big reasons they have so many of the best tie-ins despite struggling in bowl season the last decade or so. Expect a big crowd if we face Iowa. I think the 3 previous editions of this game averaged about 45K or so -- and I'd expect ours would have around that many as well.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Dude, I could give an F about attention. I'll leave that to your 5,000 word post self.

My opinions are my opinions. Just because I wont proclaim RV the greatest AD ever in the history of all-time, won't jump on the 25 year extension band wagon for DMac, and don't have the delusional belief that we will draw 30k to a holiday bowl game when we can't even draw it to the opening of a beautiful new stadium doesn't mean I'm negative, just based in reality.

You were, also, several year ago. Then you stopped posting, took a happy pill, and are back. And that's great. But some things simply haven't changed.

Pointing that out when people like you go into fantasy land isn't negative, it's just a dose of reality that you can't seem to stomach.

You are still ignoring the fact that your posts are always negative. You going to deny that by changing or diverting this conversation to my long posts now? Great, you would do well in Washington at present time (until the silent majority changes that train wreck once and for all).

And so damn funny how many PM's or even phone calls (in past years) I've received from those who read those 5,000 word posts who agree with most of their content. Some of that group actually have an attention span to be able to read and comprehend past 25 words. (Amazing what a real college education can do for you).

In fact, for about 42 years many I know have agreed with much I have had to say about North Texas....mostly positive but moreso, because they feel I have been right. Of course, I've liked what most of them have to say about UNT, too; but funny (once again) is how I would still have stated my opinions with or w/o any of their approvals. I don't live my life needing a pat on the back or someone's approval--never have.

Some of that group of fellow alums sometimes remind me of my endless (not always easy to be chosen for publication) "Letters to the Sports Editors" to the DMN, FWST and the (now defunct) Dallas Times Herald thru the years and that before the internet. In fact, I received a couple of nice notes from late UNT president Al Hurley and a couple of his staff with some of those. Why? Those published letters were upbeat and positive things about North Texas. Am I being self serving by telling you all of that? No, because those who know me (and you do not) know I don't gravitate to the "LOOK WHAT I DONE, MA' " mode of operation. Not my style, but to tell it like it is "is" my style. And when I deserve it, I can take it back if I've dished it out.

This post will end any response I will ever post concerning any of your Negative Ned'isms, UNT90. You are history to me and I know for fact for others, too. Hope you will find the High Road at some point but for now, you are one lost highway with a destination that doesn't seem as if it could ever be a happy one. You should take you own vacation from GMG.com because you are not a positive contributor of this forum at any time as you have now started using the "reality card" as your reason for being negative now. Good try with that one.

Good luck.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Would love to see NT keep winning and make the HOD bowl game. Would most likely provide more media coverage for us, provide easier access for more alumni and fans to attend (whatever that # of fans is), boost image to play a Big 10 school in a bowl game as opposed to a tough Sun Belt school in the NO bowl and would be a boost to recruting. Not that it would be bad to make any bowl after the past 9 years but would much prefer the HOD. Day dreaming can be fun! But for right now just enjoying the winning and hope to see a team continue to improve throughout the season as they have been doing.

Go Mean Green! Beat USM!