Thoughts from a pissed off fan

emmitt01

1)Here's an idea. Let's call a decent offensive gameplan for TWO halves. You called the offense like you had nothing to lose against Georgia and go into a shell against f'in Tulane?!!! Tulane is the 4th best team we've played.

2)Your defense played their best game of the year. They gave up 10 points (three on the gane's last play) and you lost? Ummm, wow

3)You're playing a fast defense so you run the ball sideways?

4)They've seen the screen before Mac!!

5)I wish I were flying home tonight. I may puke in my hotel room

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sick of this. Bullish. Spent a bun h of money to come down here. Brought friends and we sli

LAid that be egg. Lost to a bad team. Know what that means...we are worse than bad. Don't know how much longer I can hang

You'll hang the rest of your life and you know it.

• Upvote 2

Sick of this. Bullish. Spent a bun h of money to come down here. Brought friends and we sli

LAid that be egg. Lost to a bad team. Know what that means...we are worse than bad. Don't know how much longer I can hang

all true. When do we get a baseball team? Edited by NT91
  • Downvote 1

Not sure I agree several bad calls on the Defense and they only gave up 10 points.

On the final drive... Orleans Darkwa rush over right guard for 6 yards to the NoTex 12, tackled by Lairamie Lee and Ryan Boutwell, NORTH TEXAS penalty 15 yard personal foul accepted for a 1ST down.

They were at the 27 yard line but then went all the way down to the 12, 46 yard FG is way different than 31

On the final drive... Orleans Darkwa rush over right guard for 6 yards to the NoTex 12, tackled by Lairamie Lee and Ryan Boutwell, NORTH TEXAS penalty 15 yard personal foul accepted for a 1ST down.

They were at the 27 yard line but then went all the way down to the 12, 46 yard FG is way different than 31

I was just saying on the whole the defense did well, I did not see that penalty and I believe you that it was a stupid time for a penalty

I was just saying on the whole the defense did well, I did not see that penalty and I believe you that it was a stupid time for a penalty

Looking at the box score...Yes the defense did play well but when you watched the game, its a different story.

The team beat themselves, plain and simple... 11 penalites for 105 yards, blocked FG that turned into TD, and pick 6

An unfortunate face mask there at the end by a DL reaching out trying to grab anything he can while being blocked. I can understand that one due to fatigue considering the defense had been on the field quite a bit on the night and for 11 minutes in the fourth.

But the late hit by Orr earlier was horseshit. He went to hit him and whiffed over him like you see hundreds of times,.. No hit yet they call it. But later when DT slides feet first and gets hammered in the head....no call.

11 penalties on NT for 105 yards, ...4 on Tulane for 49.

Rick

Tulane was held to 2.4 yards a carry and 4.7 per pass attempt.

When you only give up 10 points on 227 yards total....on the road,... that's a solid defensive effort and one good enough to get a win.

Rick

Tulane was held to 2.4 yards a carry and 4.7 per pass attempt.

When you only give up 10 points on 227 yards total....on the road,... that's a solid defensive effort and one good enough to get a win.

Rick

Youre not looking at the defensive penalites... I know of 3 15 yarders, that 272 yards, closer to 300 if you add the other ones...

The defense played more than well enough to win. The penalties throughout the day (on offense too) and the FG block killed us. It sorta reminds me of when we played Arizona is 2002. We dominated that game and had TWO FG blocks returned for touchdowns.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the box score...Yes the defense did play well but when you watched the game, its a different story.

The team beat themselves, plain and simple... 11 penalites for 105 yards, blocked FG that turned into TD, and pick 6

That was back to what I was saying, I thought several of the penalties called against the defense were complete BS. Remember 5 of the 11 penalties were not on the defense.

2nd and 8 at UNT 18 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

2nd and 5 at UNT 25 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

2nd and 5 at UNT 44 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

1st and Goal at TULN 3 NORTH TEXAS penalty 5 yard false start on N/A accepted.

Cairo Santos kickoff for 57 yards returned by Brelan Chancellor for 29 yards to the NoTex 22, tackled by Cairo Santos, NORTH TEXAS penalty 10 yard holding on Will Wright accepted.

Youre not looking at the defensive penalites... I know of 3 15 yarders, that 272 yards, closer to 300 if you add the other ones...

I'm looking at what Tulane earned and they didnt earn much at all. Half of those penalties were crap calls that were not being called both ways....See Orr's late whiff hit that was called....vs.....Derek's sliding feet first pop in the head that wasn't,... as an example.

Our defense played more than good enough to earn a win on the road tonight. It's rediculous to even be mentioning them in this conversation.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

I'm looking at what Tulane earned and they didnt earn much at all. Half of those penalties were crap calls that were not being called both ways....See Orr's late whiff hit that was called....vs.....Derek's sliding feet first pop in the head that wasn't,... as an example.

Our defense played more than good enough to earn a win on the road tonight. It's rediculous to even be mentioning them in this conversation.

Rick

It is what it is, dont put yourself in the position to get a call... Theres no reason to touch the QB when he already laying on the ground.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1