More Bowl Projections

cdizzle86

Obviously its still early in the season and anything (good or bad) could happen, but I do wonder what kind of attendance an Iowa/North Texas matchup at the Cotton Bowl would get. Would a large number of Iowa fans travel for a bowl game against North Texas?

Wonder if we could get some Iowa State fans to show up as Mean Green fans for the day.

Obviously its still early in the season and anything (good or bad) could happen, but I do wonder what kind of attendance an Iowa/North Texas matchup at the Cotton Bowl would get. Would a large number of Iowa fans travel for a bowl game against North Texas?

If they knew and had any understanding of their coaching history, they would.

Does anyone know if the CUSA bowls operate differently than the Sun Belt did? If it's at all similar I don't see how we don't end up at the Heart of Dallas bowl if we get to six wins. What other team from CUSA would get a better turnout there.

You might want to check the CUSA standings thus far. We're currently 2nd in the West and there's only one CUSA team without a loss.

You might want to check the CUSA standings thus far. We're currently 2nd in the West and there's only one CUSA team without a loss.

Well, if we were to somehow win the conference that would lock us into the Liberty Bowl, but aside from that, if the other bowl just pick from the pool of available teams, NT to the game at the Cotton Bowl would seem a no brainer (if we get to six wins). We will just have to cross that bridge when we hopefully get there.

Well, if we were to somehow win the conference that would lock us into the Liberty Bowl, but aside from that, if the other bowl just pick from the pool of available teams, NT to the game at the Cotton Bowl would seem a no brainer (if we get to six wins). We will just have to cross that bridge when we hopefully get there.

I thought the Liberty Bowl left Cusa a couple of years ago? It used to be one of my favorite Bowls when it had Cusa #1 vs MWC #1 .

Does anyone know if the CUSA bowls operate differently than the Sun Belt did? If it's at all similar I don't see how we don't end up at the Heart of Dallas bowl if we get to six wins. What other team from CUSA would get a better turnout there.

Outside of the #1 in CUSA the bowls have say in which eligible team they pick.

Bowls want the team that is going to sell the most tickets. The ticket city/heart of dallas bowl as done 40k - 48k. The bowl knows there is going to be an attendance drop off with a CUSA team replacing a Big 12 team, but they still want the best local draw. So that means Tulsa, Rice, LA Tech or UNT.

I think Rice may win the conference. And Tulsa will get a parting gift in the Hawaii bowl.

College Football News - Mean Green to Hawaii

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

I wouldn't much too much to CFN's projections.

1. I'm a moderator on that board so how much credibility to the really have?

2. They have Georgia in the National Championship Game. And I just don't see how that will happen after next week.

Heart of Dallas Iowa vs. North Texas

THe Heart of Texas Bowl, January 1 in Dallas could be the perfect storm situation for North Texas.

This could be a statement game for North Texas being able to bring outstanding fan support, probably exceding the crowds that the Louisiana Cajuns brought to their New Orleans Bowls.