Ball State Fans comment on UNT Game

Harry

We were totally dominated in the second half, what can you say. It's definitely disappointing, but the team still has a lot to play for without even playing a conference game yet. Northern Illinois is tied with Idaho, who is arguably the worst team in FBS. Even after this poor performance, I believe the Cards have a legitimate chance to win the west. I'm just trying to stay optimistic after this poor performance. Cardfan, you may now rip my head off for not having a doom and gloom post.

Read more: http://www.bsufans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2850&start=120

I was there pretty much at field level in the student section and I can attest -- we were hitting with a level of ferociousness and tenacity reminiscent of the early 2000's TCU defenses. And while they still have some room to go before they get to that kind of a level, they did not appear to be simply gunning for anyone's head or maliciously targeting Ball St. players.

What I saw was a defense that had allowed a team to quickly march down field in a little over five minutes and they bore down and tried to make up for that by making big hits and jarring the ball loose. It wa also quite hot for a team from Indiana and that took a toll on them late while our guys continued at that same pace. Sometimes you just get eat by the bigger, stronger and more conditioned team. That's what I saw Saturday afternoon.

My hats of to Ball St., though. They played a heck of a game and I wish them the best from here on out.

• Upvote 1

With the massive amount of tiredness on the field, I’d say the heat was a definite issue. By the conclusion of the game, the line of scrimmage wasn’t a battle at all as North Texas just had their way with the line on both sides of the ball. I’m not sure how a team can be prepared for that in the week leading up to practice, but if so, we failed on that as well.

http://overthepylon.net/2013/09/14/initial-north-texas-thoughts/

Fixed.

You make a good point there.

For the record though, I was pointing out that TCU led the nation defensively for a few years. Our defense looked THAT good.

But make no mistake. That was North Texas football that I witnessed yesterday and I loved it!

Edited by TheFranchise