College Football Poll Predicts 9-3 Season For Mean Green

MeanGreen61

I presume you presume a victory over Idaho.

I think UNT fans presume too much when they presume this way.

#onegameatatime

Of course. I can't fathom a loss to Idaho. Not because i don't think it's possible , but because it would mean the season would pretty much be over as soon as it started. I don't want to even think about that.

I say UNT 27 Idaho 17

• Upvote 1

So they have us beating Rice? Who went to a bowl last year and returns almost everyone?

Hope the computer is right.

Rice is good, but if our offense is clicking at that time then it could easily be a game that goes either way. Their offense is solid but I don't see it as a juggernaut offense.

If our defense holds up well and we make it a game in the fourth quarter then I like our chances at home. Would be a very difficult and big win.

Day'um!

This prediction made me look like a Negative Ned....I only predicted 6 or 7 wins.

I'll take 9! You'll take 9! Hellsbells! The entire Mean Green Nation will take 9! When was the last time for that? I think I know but I've been forgetful lately.

Hmmmm? If merely a few pieces of this team fall into place then...........? :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

We won a meaningless preseason computer ranking!!

Woo-Hoo!!

In 2007 they said we would go 2-10 and we did.

In 2008 they said we would go 1-11 and we did.

In 2009 they said we would go 2-10 and we did.

In 2010 they said we would go 3-9 and we did.

Maybe they see something that some are missing. They have been exactly on most of the time.

The only other time they said we would go 9-3 was in 2003 and we went 9-3.

They might be on to something.

• Upvote 2

In 2007 they said we would go 2-10 and we did.

In 2008 they said we would go 1-11 and we did.

In 2009 they said we would go 2-10 and we did.

In 2010 they said we would go 3-9 and we did.

Maybe they see something that some are missing. They have been exactly on most of the time.

The only other time they said we would go 9-3 was in 2003 and we went 9-3.

They might be on to something.

Don't oversell it. The last time they said we would go 9-2, we went 7-4.

It's a guess. The odds of guessing right for the 9th year in a row?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't oversell it. The last time they said we would go 9-2, we went 7-4.

It's a guess. The odds of guessing right for the 9th year in a row?

7-4 vs 9-2, big deal. 2 games off still would be a 7-5 season. Guess the thought/possibility of a good Mean Green season is too much for you to handle.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 3

OR,

The odds are that this computer is due for an off year due to so many years of accurately predicting UNT football results. With the unknown component of injuries, redshirt freshman whose ability is unknown, etc., this computer is basically flipping a coin. When you flip a coin, you can only guess right so many times in a row before the odds invariably catch up with you.

In a coin flip you have two variables...heads and tails. In computer rankings there is no such 'evening out'. As an example, if you used computer data for a new product rollout, or what markets are more likely to be profitable to you, and you could only be right half of the time there would be no need for marketing, budgets, etc

Give it a rest...you don't have to be negative about all Mean Green athletics.

• Upvote 7

7-4 vs 9-2, big deal. 2 games off still would be a 7-5 season. Guess the thought/possibility of a good Mean Green season is too much for you to handle.

Oh, contrare, my Mean Green friend. Just don't buy into BS preseason predictions., whether they are 0-12 or 12-0.

Just cause I'm not a sunshine pumper like you doesn't mean I don't wanna win.

Ever notice it's the sunshine pumpers that always go personal with this stuff?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In a coin flip you have two variables...heads and tails. In computer rankings there is no such 'evening out'. As an example, if you used computer data for a new product rollout, or what markets are more likely to be profitable to you, and you could only be right half of the time there would be no need for marketing, budgets, etc

Give it a rest...you don't have to be negative about all Mean Green athletics.

God Bless You, GrayEagle!

GMG

• Upvote 2