10 Predictions for 2013

Mean_Green09

10 Predictions for 2013

1. We see more than one QB play on August 31st.

When you look at the 3 guys behind Derrick they all are running threats. So I can see one of those guys getting one series where we see a little read option action.

1. Derek Thompson throws for 2800 yards 20 TD’s 12 INT’s and rushes for another 3 TD’s. I think the added talent around him will make him a better player.

1. The secondary will be the most improved unit.

This year’s secondary will benefit from having to face the fire last year. To go along with the experience UNT also added talent with the likes of Chad Davis, James Jones and Zed Evans. All of those guys look like early contributors.

1. The Wild Eagle will be run by Brock Berglund.

Why not? He may be the most athletic guy out there. So he has trouble reading the defense, but you can still find other ways for him to help the team. Put him situations that he can excel like running the ball.

1. UNT will have the best points per game defense in CUSA.

I don’t think it’s too outlandish of a thought. I’m going to say that UNT will give up 24 points per game. That will be down from 27 last year. I think one that the defense will be improved and two the offense’s slow pace will help contribute to low scores.

1. The Special Teams will cost UNT a game again.

How many times do we see this? Even we appear to have a good special team it always seems to happen. We all remember the Troy debacle.

1. By the end of 3 quarter of the second game Jimmerson will be the featured back.

I like Brandin Byrd, but Jimmerson is the best offensive talent on the team. Chancellor is a close second, but Jimmerson to me has the ability to be a first team All Conference Back. He is such a smooth runner and his vision is really tremendous.

1. UNT will turn out being one stop away from being 3-0 to start the season.

I think UNT will be Idaho and squeak out a win vs Ball St. However, I think they will lose in a shootout to Ohio. I think UNT will lose because it just could quite slow down the Bobcats rushing attack.

1. There will be no early talk of basketball season this year.

One because of the blindside shot we all took last year. Two because the football team will have a chance at being bowl eligible and will be playing rather well.

1. UNT will be 5-5 heading into the UTSA game with a shot at becoming bowl eligible.

It will be just what the Dr. ordered a chance to shut those mouth-running cocky fans from down south up! The weather will be perfect, with a slight chill in the air. The stadium will be rocking like it was for Houston in 11’. UNT will unleash some frustrations out. The game will be such a beautiful sight that afterwards we here of UNT offering UTSA money because the game turned into a body bag game.

• Upvote 2

I am hope you right mostly but I think we need a 7-5 season nothing less. Maybe I will get that because we better not lose a game due to special teams. If Mac is half the coach I think he is, special teams will be fixed this year.

This team is WAY too volatile in key areas to make any kind of predictions like that, so here are some safer predictions:

1. Derek Thompson starts the season at QB. That's as far as I can guarantee anything around QB.

2. Zach Orr will tally 100+ tackles this season and will be C-USA's 1st-team all-conference MLB at season's end.

3. James Jones will take at least one kick/punt to the house.

4. Chancellor scores 10+ TD's

5. With a healthy Boutwell & Abbe, Chad Polk surprises us all and is a beast pass rusher to the tune of 8-10 sacks.

6. Darius Terrell comes on and turns out to be a key receiver, not a HR hitter like Chancellor, but moves the chains w/key catches.

7. Sir Calvin shows flashes of brilliance and is cutting into Abbe's playing time quite a bit by seasons end.

9. Sadly, we're all going to be wishing Will Atteberry had another yr of eligibility.

10. After another offseason to address the issue, the referee mic's are still going to be horrible.

• Upvote 1

I am hope you right mostly but I think we need a 7-5 season nothing less. Maybe I will get that because we better not lose a game due to special teams. If Mac is half the coach I think he is, special teams will be fixed this year.

Seems like we have been saying this the past 5 years.

Not optimistic.