Could DT have been hamstrung last year? Hear me out...

Harry

Got that right. Some of you around here need it. Badly. :roadrage: I'm just tired of watching you all bitch and moan and drive this team into the ground before we even hit the field. I'm sorry..but I won't surround myself with all that negativity. Even when our team has challenges to overcome. Takes away what this game is all about. I come here to check in with my fellow fans and show support and ever so often voice opinions. And yes...throw in some humor. Good grief.

I have high hopes, high expectations (always will) and wish Derek and crew the very best this season. I don't pretend to know what the coaches are thinking and find it a waste of time to even pretend to do so. GMG.

Hear Hear Rock. What's wrong with a little optimism to start off the season. Seems to me it's what any football fan would want to have for a program that they TRULY care about. Sure we are going to have our doubters after 8 rough seasons but there are a LOT more reasons for optimism this year than we have had in the past! GMG!

PS -- I can't help but think some of the negativity is tiedover from the disappointing basketball season we just endured (Hint Hint UNT90)...

Hear Hear Rock. What's wrong with a little optimism to start off the season. Seems to me it's what any football fan would want to have for a program that they TRULY care about. Sure we are going to have our doubters after 8 rough seasons but there are a LOT more reasons for optimism this year than we have had in the past! GMG!

PS -- I can't help but think some of the negativity is tiedover from the disappointing basketball season we just endured (Hint Hint UNT90)...

No doubt, Harry. Except that the real disappointment was what didn't happen at the end of the season.

And that fact that the AD was extended 5 years after his self-created disaster and failure to address the problem.

I understand some want to be optimistic, but don't talk down to those realist among us who are tired of losing and see a very REAL probability that it continues this season.

As always, hope not.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Harry. Always. Through thick, thin and Dodge. ;)

In response to the first post in the thread, I'll say this: The coaching staff would have been out of their minds crazy if they didn't do everything they could possibly do to scheme in keeping our QB upright. We have no clue what the deal was with Osborn never getting a chance, but behind him we really had nothing. DT isn't the best running QB, but he's certainly mobile enough to get a few yards here and there and at least make the defense honest in keeping their assignments on zone-read plays.

I've been saying it all offseason, but count me in the optimistic group. We are deeper and more talented at nearly every position on the field. We are a team with mostly experienced upper classmen starting and filling out the 2 deep. These are the kinds of teams that people need to expect to win if they aren't already. If we were back in the Sun Belt, I'd be calling for a conference title run. The tough away schedule and the unknown of playing all these new CUSA teams tempers any predictions I'll make about the record--though I think .500 or better should absolutely be the expectation for a team this loaded with senior starters.

And I Agree with Harry. Benford carry over is killing our fanbase. Why didn't we fire that guy again? :blink:

Edited by TIgreen01