Detroit vsMavs

Green Dozer

Pack the place! Here's hoping T Mitch makes the final roster and we can give him a big Mean Green reception! Thanks for posting this Dozer...maybe we can get a group ticket thing going through the Mavs.

No UNT game on Sunday, so no conflict there!

• Upvote 1

OK, I have been in touch with Liz Laupus (now with the Mavs recently with the UNT ticket office folks...great person...great staffer...sorry to lose her to the Mavs) if we want to get a group together for the Pistons-Mavs game on Jan. 26th and if we can book this early enough it is possible that we could get a "fan experience" in being able to sit court-side for the shoot around before the game! What a great deal that would be to have at least 75 UNT fans all wearing Mean Green Green sitting around court-side for the shoot around.

There are only two of these packages per game and a minimum of 75 purchased tickets is required. The lowest group price I can find is $29 (probably before fees) in the upper upper Deck seats...next lowest in the upper Deck are $40...and lowest I can find in the lower level are $68 each. This pricing reflects a minimum purchase of 75 tickets.

Can we do this...can we get 75 buyers? We would need to move fast and buy the tickets to be able to have the court-side shoot around experience...if that was not a concern we can wait longer to set this up.

So...what say you? Who is IN and for how many tickets...or is this just a pipe dream that we could get 75 to actually purchase...that means shelling out the cash NOW for a game in January? I'm up for it, but can we get 75? Who is in?

• Upvote 2

Am told the $40 tickets are very good seats. Is that too high to be able to get 75 folks?

Also...am wondering what it would cost to charter a bus that we could take to and from and have a bit of a party type atmosphere? May boost the cost way too high, but might be fun to at least see what the cost might be...would need more folks I would think, but it is a thought.

Any feelings about this one way or the other?

Am told the $40 tickets are very good seats. Is that too high to be able to get 75 folks?

Also...am wondering what it would cost to charter a bus that we could take to and from and have a bit of a party type atmosphere? May boost the cost way too high, but might be fun to at least see what the cost might be...would need more folks I would think, but it is a thought.

Any feelings about this one way or the other?

Why charter a bus when you can take the DART Green Line Monorail to the AAC?

235px-9f10.png

• Upvote 1

235px-9f10.png

Well...not everyone has access to the rail system and some that do find having to transfer between trains a bit much...and takes a good while from Denton to get to the AAC...or whatever that place is called.

And, just thinking of a "party" atmosphere type thing...but, I definitely see your point. may just be too much trouble and not worth the effort. Doubtful we could get enough folks to make it viable anyway...the bus I am talking about folks...not the Mean green Night at the game!

If Max Goldblatt had had his way back in the early 80s, Dallas would have a monorail!

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/taro/dalpub/08520/dpub-08520.html

He was nicknamed "Monorail Max" because of his very vocal attempt to bring the Disney Corporation to Dallas in order to build a monorail. He continually criticized DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) for being inefficient and antiquated. The monorail idea was shunned and laughed at by the city leaders. However, it may be that his futuristic approach was just "ahead of his time".

• Upvote 2

gonna have to hold off on this until I see him getting playing time....sorry

Yes...that is my concern as well. Some folks seem to think because he signed a contract that he will be on the squad come the season. Not so as yet. But, wanting to get a feel for who would be interested. It is too early to lay the cash down...thus have not mentioned that as yet or how it would work.

As soon as we know about TM, we can get it going if we know who is interested.

• Upvote 1