C-USA Opponent Team Mascot Thread

Harry

1) UTSA's kind of reminds me of our old Eppy a little bit, mostly because the "feathers" look a bit more like fur. What is the basis for all the KFC jokes, are they obsessed with chicken or are they saying the mascot looks like a chicken? Either way it would be funny if the students decided to randomly vote for a new mascot (a la Albino Squirrel or Ole Miss wanting Admiral Ackbar) and chose Buckethead from GNR.

2) Charlotte's is kind of confusing. Apparently they are named for the year they were founded and not for a gold rush, so why does this dude look like he's homeless and ready to start panning for precious metals in a water fountain? (BTW yes, one of their fans that posted on here is who provided that info in another thread a while back.)

3) Is ECU's limited to students or do they hire a "professional" to be their mascot? I wonder what the requirements would look like. "Applicants must look like they can both kick some ass and shake their bon-bon, and may be required to do either at a moment's notice. Outfit and swords provided. Please provide list of recommendations and your own mascara."

All of the jokes were pretty funny but I'm curious who is a "creep" - Channing Tatum or the ECU guy?

1) UTSA's kind of reminds me of our old Eppy a little bit...

Which one?

Creepy?

UesELmM.jpg

Or super creepy?

lGStHYW.jpg

3) Is ECU's limited to students or do they hire a "professional" to be their mascot? I wonder what the requirements would look like. "Applicants must look like they can both kick some ass and shake their bon-bon, and may be required to do either at a moment's notice. Outfit and swords provided. Please provide list of recommendations and your own mascara."

Per ECU's 132+ post, the old version of the live pirate guy used to be a grad student who was a dead-ringer for a Jack Sparrow. They refer to the current incarnation as the Billy Ray Cyrus/Bondage Hybrid.

• Upvote 1

Your super creepy one is the one I was thinking of. And though a Billy Ray Cyrus/Bondage hybrid is bothersome, as long as they never get to a "RPG basement dweller with a pizza gut" version, they should be okay. And no, gaming isn't all bad...only if you let it be ;)

Om0WcAm.jpg

This is Scrappy, brother. I suggest you acquaint yourself well...

iJoGe6K.jpg

... lest you have to face Spiriki.

ESlMCYN.jpg

The eyes of NORTH TEXAS are upon you.

You know, someone ought to make a t-shirt with that image and sentiment on it.................. B)

You know(2), someone should gather the meanest looking member of the team around the statue and have them all give it their best game face, and then take a picture of THAT.

Edited by SilverEagle