UniformCritics.com: North Texas

It is a good sign when talk turns to uniforms on GMG.Com. It means that the season is fast approaching! Yippeeeeeeeee!

Way too much time between basketball and football that track, swimming, softball, tennis, etc. simply cannot fill completely. It is time for some football!

• Upvote 1

It is a good sign when talk turns to uniforms on GMG.Com. It means that the season is fast approaching! Yippeeeeeeeee!

Way too much time between basketball and football that track, swimming, softball, tennis, etc. simply cannot fill completely. It is time for some football!

I have to admit, I'm impressed that its taken this long for uniform talk. Usually happens around late June/early July. Times are a changin' around here.

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 1

Good job Christopher, getting us in the mainstream.

I'm mostly pleased with the uniform so I won't post much. I prefer the darker green but since kelly is our current color that won't be changed. I much prefer the current numbers to the style that they tried back in 2005. My biggest gripe is with the helmet. 'North Texas' is way too much. My preference is the superimposed 'NT' that the Alumni Association uses minus the seal. SOW is also acceptable. Anything else...thumbs down.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Awesome job Christopher! For the record, I do like the classic look to our uniforms. The helmet? Well, let's just say I'll not comment at this time.

Speaking of helmets, are we going to have "100" on our helmets (or somewhere on our uniforms) next year to acknowledge our century of football as UT did several years ago? Surely we will not let this opportunity for a little press recognition pass - or will we?

• Upvote 1

A little nitpicking here:

Prior to signing its current deal with Nike in 2011, the Mean Green donned a forest green hue with Under Armour with white helmets, clever piping and a “NORTH TEXAS” wordmark across their jerseys.

I don't believe we've worn forest green (hunter green) since the Dickey days. During the Dodge days, they called it a shade of kelly green, although it was a different shade than we're using now.

fans and alumni preferred the simplistic approach.

We did? We didn't stage mass protests with jars of urine and feces...I guess that's close enough to "preferred."

• Upvote 1

A little nitpicking here:

I don't believe we've worn forest green (hunter green) since the Dickey days. During the Dodge days, they called it a shade of kelly green, although it was a different shade than we're using now.

We did? We didn't stage mass protests with jars of urine and feces...I guess that's close enough to "preferred."

I had the same thoughts when I read the article.
  • Upvote 3

Uniform Critics? They didn't really criticize anything. They just, you, gave a recent history of the uniforms.

Therefore, they should change the name of the site to "Uniform Historians."

They have a portion for the public to rate uniforms on a five-star system, so there's that I guess.

Speaking of helmets, are we going to have "100" on our helmets (or somewhere on our uniforms) next year to acknowledge our century of football as UT did several years ago? Surely we will not let this opportunity for a little press recognition pass - or will we?

When I say next year, I mean, of course, THIS year. Perhaps a decision has been made on this subject and I just missed it. Please inform.

They are recognizing 100 years by wearing tribute uniforms with elements from past uniforms.

Thanks, UNT 90 Grad, but will that really mean anything to a larger audience?