Sorry guys. Busy and just saw this. Was at the girlfriends place in FTW when the storm cane through. The big one hit about 1/2 mile from the house, right off Davis drive in a neighborhood right by the American Legion (for those familiar with G-town). All I got at my house was some wind, golfball sized very intermittent hail, and rain. No damage.

Pray for my neighbors, though, as I understand that area is like a war zone, with bodies found no where near the deceased resided.

Thanks for the concern.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

I was allowed to drive through what is essentially ground zero on the way home tonight since I live at the end of Davis Dr. Drove straight through the path of the tornado. It touched down in a field to the west of Davis Dr., uprooting several LARGE trees (uprooting, not blowing over or snapping off) before traveling east across Davis Dr., skipping right over the American Legion (no way in hell the Legion should still be standing, but it is, and in pretty good shape, also) before completely destroying the Rancho Brazos neighborhood starting less than 100 feet behind the Legion. Complete and utter destruction. The pictures do not do it justice. Very powerful tornado. That neighborhood is unincorporated, and is about a half mile from the lake, so there there were the hodge podge of well built and not so well built homes in there. Doesn't matter. Just completely devastated. There was roof damage to homes a quarter mile away from the derbies path. Just a devastating scene.

I do want to say thanks to the many 1st responders and their agencies from all over the metroplex who have donated manpower to help Hood County SO and Granbury PD and F'D manage this terrible scene. Dallas County SO and North Richland Hills PD are just 2 of the many agencies that were out there (ya, I have a terrible memory).

God bless the people in that neighborhood.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Moving the GF. She lives 5 minutes from work, so I stay there during the week alot.

Yep...that's the reason you stay with her so often...sure it is! It is because she lives close to your work location....got it!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1