The Obama Agenda
--Bail out failing Chrysler.
--TRIPLE our National Debt.
--DOUBLE the Social Security tax.
--Take God out of the schools and Government.
--Instant amnesty to millions of illegal imegrants.
--Seek stricter Assault rifle regulations.
--Treat terrorist as common criminals and NEVER, EVER torture them.

Just because Obama did, doesn't mean you should forget "unparalleled transparency."

Oh, and Cooley, what makes the Tea Party racist, at least any more racist than the NAACP?

Don't forget Fast and Furious, Voter Fraud, ACORN, calling the Fort Hood massacre "workplace violence" so as not to upset the muslims, etc... I know they weren't true agenda items, but he can hang his hat on any of the three.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The real outrage should be that political organizations, both Republican and Democrat, are able to gain tax-exempt status. To be tax-exempt an organization should be a church, a school, or a government. Increasing complexity in tax law is part of the problem.

• Upvote 6

Couldn't find the outrage on the board in 2004 regarding the exact same allegations. Not surprising though

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/14/naacps-julien-bond-its-ok-irs-target-racist-tea-pa/

Do you understand that the outrage is not only coming from conservative outlets?

"This is outrageous," said Democratic consultant Chris Kofinis. "The administration and the president need to condem this and act immediately. This is not a right-left issue."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334736/IRS-employee-congressional-interviews-tea-party-targeting-Washington-DC-wanted-cases---I-sent-seven.html#ixzz2V9eJbjD7

Interviews with IRS employees have established that the Washington, D.C. headquarters of the Internal Revenue Service was engaged in targeting tea party groups and other conservative organizations for unfair levels of scrutiny when they applied for tax-exempt status.

Rep. Darrel lssa, chairman of powerful House Committee of Oversight and Government Reform, made that startling announcement on CNN Sunday morning.

'As late as last week,' he said, 'the [Obama] administration was still trying to say the [iRS targeting scandal] was from a few rogue agents in Cincinnati, when in fact the indication is that they were directly being ordered from Washington.'...

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UNT90, on 14 May 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

The fact that the president knew about it for a year, yet didn't comment on it until after a Treasury Dept. investigation was set to be released, and even then only when he was asked about it is just so indicative of an administration that is setting itself up to be remembered as one of the most corrupt in history.

Libs like Greenbat never fail to entertain. If this was a Republican President and the organizations were NOW or Planned Parenthood, he would blow a gasket.

But as long as its his team doing things to the opposition, it's just funny.

--Several GOP people in Congress were aware of it also. The problem is how much was going on... I think it had been pictured as people/groups who were avoiding taxes but it became so widespread. That isn't the only problem with the IRS department.. excessive spending too. (90) you are again making a lot of assumptions. [ Some could also assume 9-11 would have never happened if the other guy was in office ... but that is rather doubtful as well. You assume one party is all bad and the other is all good ... neither is true.....Germany made the same mistake and believed everything they heard from one party and source. ] Seems the military is full of worms and problems as well ... not political party related either.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

little to any interest in reigning in rouge agencies.

Until the later posts, I wondered if this was an intentional misspelling...rouge=red=communist. Still funny, whether intentional or not.

As far as the scandal itself goes, unless it's already been done I think the key is establishing a timeframe for each audit or review. For instance, if on April 16th all of a sudden a bunch of files were opened on a ton of Tea Party-esque groups, then yes, it's obvious targeting. But if there was one group randomly audited, and a bunch of problems were found, then they looked at other groups or involved people in the area or state (basically starting with the problem and then looking at more and more in the network of people and groups if similar issues were found), then wouldn't that be doing their jobs as required? I haven't heard about specific timeframe discussions yet, so that's the only reason I'm reserving judgment for now.

Every time one side or the other cries, "SCANDAL!", I like to consider the possibility that it might be the pot calling the kettle black and wait for the details. I don't really trust or assume that any blatantly politically affiliated organization is right just based on whether or not I've agreed with some of what they've done in the past. The infighting for balance of power supersedes any altruistic means of pursuing the betterment of our collective futures.

• Upvote 1