UNT in on George Mason transfer from Dallas

Harry

So if he comes on board, this either means Carrington's not going to make the grades (which is fine, I think I'd rather have this guy), or we're going to trot Nunn/Friar out there to start every night at 4 or 5? Oh boy.

I'm sorry, it almost sounded like you had actual expectations for this team next year.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I'm sorry, it almost sounded like you had actual expectations for this team next year.

This. I love how intently Harry, NT03, and Vito are following our finish in recruiting but I just don't see how any of the guys are going to be better than who we're losing, mainly Tony Mitchell.

12 wins with last years squad in the Sun Belt, what potential roster of ours could turn that around in CUSA with Benford still as our coach?

Benford could eff up a wet dream.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This. I love how intently Harry, NT03, and Vito are following our finish in recruiting but I just don't see how any of the guys are going to be better than who we're losing, mainly Tony Mitchell.

12 wins with last years squad in the Sun Belt, what potential roster of ours could turn that around in CUSA with Benford still as our coach?

Benford could eff up a wet dream.

You mean all of the numbers Holman, Patton, Clark, PJ, and NIKO (love em though!) putup all year? Not hard to improve on that... Franklin amd Mithell will be the issues (the post)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So if he comes on board, this either means Carrington's not going to make the grades (which is fine, I think I'd rather have this guy), or we're going to trot Nunn/Friar out there to start every night at 4 or 5? Oh boy.

I think you are presuming no one else leaves with this hypothesis? Perhaps another ship or two opens up from players transferring?

• Upvote 1

Vaughn was actually a good player at Mesquite. In fact, that Skeeter team was the best that I can ever remember them having. UNT might remember Cory Remekun of St. Louis dominating Tony Mitchell this past year down low. Chase Hallam, and his older brother, had nice careers at Denver. Anyway, Vaughn is in the mold of Chris Jones. Was around 6-1 at Mesquite. Slasher with great handles. Wasn't quite sure if JJ should have extended an offer at the time. Defeated an undefeated (at the time) Desoto squad in what was the shocker of the year. Likes to have the ball in his hands in clutch situations. Not sure I like using up a needed scholarship for another guard though.

• Upvote 2

You mean all of the numbers Holman, Patton, Clark, PJ, and NIKO (love em though!) putup all year? Not hard to improve on that... Franklin amd Mithell will be the issues (the post)

Yes, Franklin and Mitchell. How are any of the players that we might get here better than Mitchell and Franklin? Or better yet, good enough to replace those guys and win more games than they did, while playing in a harder conference with Benford still as our coach.
  • Upvote 2

Yes, Franklin and Mitchell. How are any of the players that we might get here better than Mitchell and Franklin? Or better yet, good enough to replace those guys and win more games than they did, while playing in a harder conference with Benford still as our coach.

I believe that if you take every player on this team who did not step a foot on the floor for us last year they would put produce Franklin and Mitchell as a group (granted there is no way they could not) too many of them. Now they will not be the leader Franklin was or the dominance Mitchell brought. Even so I believe we are better. When we ended last year we had no depth and one heart (Franklin). Benford is bringing these young men ip the proper way and they will be rewarded with victories as long as they stick together and play as a team (especially on defense)

• Downvote 2

We don't need as much talent as last year to win more games than last year. However, that assumes that the coach figures out a way to get his players to do more with less. Until he proves otherwise, there is not a lot of reason to believe he can.

Edited by greenit

I believe that if you take every player on this team who did not step a foot on the floor for us last year they would put produce Franklin and Mitchell as a group (granted there is no way they could not) too many of them. Now they will not be the leader Franklin was or the dominance Mitchell brought. Even so I believe we are better. When we ended last year we had no depth and one heart (Franklin). Benford is bringing these young men ip the proper way and they will be rewarded with victories as long as they stick together and play as a team (especially on defense)

I would hope a group of players can out produce the stats of two players.

Does anyone how Benford handled a full bench at the start of the year? He was subbing players in and out like line changes in hockey. If for some reason this team is deeper than last years would Benford know how to handle it? We had a full bench against the d2 school. That was not a good thing. Benford is a better coach with the less options he has.

Does anyone how Benford handled a full bench at the start of the year? He was subbing players in and out like line changes in hockey. If for some reason this team is deeper than last years would Benford know how to handle it? We had a full bench against the d2 school. That was not a good thing. Benford is a better coach with the less options he has.

This

• Upvote 1

He does what Marqutte did/still does in order to get fresh legs. Not saying it is right or wrong, but it is true that he worked better with a short bench.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1