What did you snag at the UNT Garage Sale?

Harry

gallery_1_171_1029482.jpg

My son got a jersey (Eli Hutchinson's old number 98), some brand new Armor All Black Cleats and sweet top of the line Cutters gloves... all for like 40 bucks! Great deals to be had there!

A friend of mine got her son the same thing, plus an underarmor undershirt for $45.

Did I mention her son is a 6'2" 235lb 8th grade lineman at a Southlake Carroll feeder school who wears a size 14 shoe?

Yes, he has been to 2 games and will be back to more as my guest.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

gallery_1_171_1029482.jpg

My son got a jersey (Eli Hutchinson's old number 98), some brand new Armor All Black Cleats and sweet top of the line Cutters gloves... all for like 40 bucks! Great deals to be had there!

BTW, the young man being assisted by his mother in this picture, is a OL/DL from Western Hills HS in Fort Worth. I got the impression from talking with his parents that they had not been invited to the event, but rather were there at the encouragement of a friend. Their son is 6'4" X 270.

• Upvote 1

Why does the Athletic Department have so many new unused shoes ? Are they buying wrong ? Aren't the shoes still usable for new players ? And what kind of facility have all these items been stored in for several years ?

I know it was billed as a "garage sale" but no garage sale I've ever been to has had merchandise so poorly displayed. Next year I'm going to volunteer my wife to whip this thing into shape.

A fun afternoon anyway. Nice to see friends during the off season.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

A friend of mine got her son the same thing, plus an underarmor undershirt for $45.

Did I mention her son is a 6'2" 235lb 8th grade lineman at a Southlake Carroll feeder school who wears a size 14 shoe?

Yes, he has been to 2 games and will be back to more as my guest.

Seems like he would have come to the conclusion that UNT absolutely sucks at everything by now and would never come back. Sounds like a smart kid that isn't easily influenced.

• Upvote 1

Why does the Athletic Department have so many new unused shoes ? Are they buying wrong ? Aren't the shoes still usable for new players ?

When Mac came in and switched from Under Armour to Nike, that meant all the Under Armour stuff must go.

And they have so many shoes because they have cleats for all different kinds of field conditions and the equipment managers need to be prepared for a lot of variables that could change quickly within the course of a season or a game. New players, field conditions, position changes, injuries, etc.

• Upvote 1

Found a great, white jersey from with no name on it. It was from the era when the numbers were outlined in blue and we had the old copper star logo. Looked like it had never been worn.

greenjoe, the companies provide those shoes, and considering we are now sponsored by Nike, they were selling the New Balance and UA shoes. I think the UA shoes came with a coupon for foot surgery.

• Upvote 2

I picked up a nice green polo shirt (which I wore to work on Monday) and one of those green hockey jerseys that have the white eagle on the front (not sure what their context is to be honest...

I plan on wearing the hockey jersey to the football games when the weather turns a little cooler later in the season...

Can't wait...!!

• Upvote 1

Why does the Athletic Department have so many new unused shoes ? Are they buying wrong ? Aren't the shoes still usable for new players ? And what kind of facility have all these items been stored in for several years ?

I know it was billed as a "garage sale" but no garage sale I've ever been to has had merchandise so poorly displayed. Next year I'm going to volunteer my wife to whip this thing into shape.

A fun afternoon anyway. Nice to see friends during the off season.

GO MEAN GREEN

Joe, it was really very neat before the shoppers got there.

• Upvote 1