Basketball facility

I understand we have a functional nice bball facility. Do you think there is a place for a new basketball facility in the mean green village? Even if it is 20-30 years down the road? Your thoughts?

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I haven't been to many other basketball stadiums but I really don't see what is great about the pit. I don't like the circular court railing design.

.would prefer straight lines...I just don't get the greatness that is prelached about the pit

• Upvote 1

I haven't been to many other basketball stadiums but I really don't see what is great about the pit. I don't like the circular court railing design.

.would prefer straight lines...I just don't get the greatness that is prelached about the pit

Which stadiums would would you put over us?

I have been to many too and other than big 6 schools the pit is pretty darn nice.

It's not "great" - but it certainly isn't bad. I have been in much worse through the years. Considering the age of the arena, the SP is actually in remarkably good shape. I never would guess it's as old as it is.

Edited by CMJ

I just wish there was a way to remove the green bars around the base. Remove it and find a way for more seats t be on the floor. It has always looked empty when on television because of the design. Do that plus lighting, some new technology, and paint those brown boards green and we are set...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have asked Rick to "tarp" the upper section to force fans closer to the action and give the arena a more intimate feeling,simular to blocking off back pews in a church, which he doesn't want to do.In addition, this is a university multipurpose facality,just like UTA's,not a dedicated basketball arena. I think with new scoreboard and freshing up it still is a good forum for years to come.