Meanwhile in Baton Rouge

emmitt01

As far as the choice you allude to....when it is blatantly obvious that we need a change at head coach, but the administration cannot, or will not, make that change due to $$....they've made the choice easy for most.

Blatantly obvious to who? A few who scream the loudest on a message board, really? Tell me again...how many games did JJ win in his second year as head coach? Was he fired? It may be "blatantly obvious" to you...and that is fine, your opinion. Some folks just have a difference of opinion. Why is that so hard for some folks to understand and accept? Wouldn't this place ... meaning GMG.com ... be really dull if we all agreed?

Listen Kram, I donate, listen to more games than all but about 7 of our fans (even a ot of fans who post here have all but checked out and maybe check box scores now....even YOU don't listen to all the games!) and am flying halfway across the country to go to Hot Springs to watch our ten win team most likely go 1 and done. If I wanna bitch about Benford, I think I have earned that right. And I'll still give at my meager donation level (yeah I know if I really wanted influence I'd give a million dollars....and pay it off over the rest of my life), even though it feels like money down the drain right now.

So yeah, call us all out for being bad fans.

LISTEN...heck you are yelling so loud that I can't hear anything you are saying! And, CMJ...READ...try reading comprehension...seems to be a lost art on you ...never called you or anyone else out. Oh, man, I don't listen to all the games on the radio....oh, no...my sceret is out! A mortal wound! That does it....off to confession I go....so, now do I get to rail at you for your "holier than thou" attitude here? Really? That's what you got out of that entire post? Seriously? Oh, nevermind........bitch on soldier...bitch on!

LISTEN...heck you are yelling so loud that I can't hear anything you are saying! And, CMJ...READ...try reading comprehension...seems to be a lost art on you ...never called you or anyone else out. Oh, man, I don't listen to all the games on the radio....oh, no...my sceret is out! A mortal wound! That does it....off to confession I go....so, now do I get to rail at you for your "holier than thou" attitude here? Really? That's what you got out of that entire post? Seriously? Oh, nevermind........bitch on soldier...bitch on!

Pot calling the kettle black? Are you the one who always has the holier than thou angle in your post?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Blatantly obvious to who? A few who scream the loudest on a message board, really? Tell me again...how many games did JJ win in his second year as head coach? Was he fired? It may be "blatantly obvious" to you...and that is fine, your opinion. Some folks just have a difference of opinion. Why is that so hard for some folks to understand and accept? Wouldn't this place ... meaning GMG.com ... be really dull if we all agreed?

JJ had slack in his 2nd year because the turnaround his first was so dramatic. It's easier to be forgiving of a lousy season when you have history. We won something like ten games more his first year than in Trilli's last. Meanwhile Benford has won 8 games less to this point than in JJ's last season.

90, just curious about your comment regarding the 2 open scholarships. Who are, that you know of, we recruiting that is not CUSA worthy?

Check out the 6'5"(that is listed height, mind you) power forward we are recruiting on the basketball recruiting forum. Check out his other offers.

Not what we should be recruiting.

EDIT: shoulda read down further. Asked and answered.

Edited by UNT90

JJ had slack in his 2nd year because the turnaround his first was so dramatic. It's easier to be forgiving of a lousy season when you have history. We won something like ten games more his first year than in Trilli's last. Meanwhile Benford has won 8 games less to this point than in JJ's last season.

But...but...UNT 90 said we wouldn't win 10.......how many years was JJ here? Last I noticed JJ is in Baton Rouge...or did I get the point of this whole thread wrong...you know to point out how great JJ is doing as opposed to our coach.

Pot calling the kettle black? Are you the one who always has the holier than thou angle in your post?

Oh, no...that must have hit you too close to home! Was that a question? Only at North Texas!

First, you need a new bit. The cookie shtick is tired just like the rest of your routine. Sorry, I just refuse to roll over or fetch every time RV scratches my belly.

But, I like cookies and I am told you look really great in your pink apron. Nope, you only roll over or fetch when you and the rest of the ladies of 911 want cookies! You ever bake those for the SWAT guys?

But...but...UNT 90 said we wouldn't win 10.......how many years was JJ here? Last I noticed JJ is in Baton Rouge...or did I get the point of this whole thread wrong...you know to point out how great JJ is doing as opposed to our coach.

Oh, no...that must have hit you too close to home! Was that a question? Only at North Texas!

Ummm you're the one who brought up Johnny Jones, not I.

And if you don't think you often are calling people out in your posts, I have nothing to say. Nearly every one of them basically argues that we need to step in line and follow the company line without question. I love NT just as much as you do Kram. I really do. Just like I am sure the folks on meanandgreenfreeforums love it as much us both of us. It's all a matter of how we all look at things through different lenses. Some folks are bitter towards everything, but it doesn't mean they care less. You will look for the silver lining in any situation. Hell, in the past I have been acussed on this very board for being too optimistic and pessimistic (sometimes in the same damn thread). I think I am a optimistic realist. I prefer to look at the good, but I'll call a spade a spade when I see it.

And right now, I don't see Benford as anything but a disaster.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3

But, I like cookies and I am told you look really great in your pink apron. Nope, you only roll over or fetch when you and the rest of the ladies of 911 want cookies! You ever bake those for the SWAT guys?

Hey now KRAM! You're getting a little aggressive in your defensiveness. Back away from the computer. Have a bottle of your favorite brew, and relax. :fpc:

People have differences in opinions. You and I included.

Time everyone to take the high road. The frustrations are incredibly high around here (on this particular forum, especially). No need to cannibalize ourselves. I like all of y'all.

Emmitt/CMJ/Others, if you continue to goad KRAM, one day he's going to show up to the Pit strapped with Dynamite. We all know how he feels. Lots of us feel differently... no need to hash it out on every single thread.

I'll make you and KRAM a bet. If Benford stays, we don't win 10 games next year. Y'all name the prize. Seriously.

Have either of you been pating attention to what is taking place in basketball recruiting? Or will you tell me that talent doesn't matter, because these kids will finally listen to the great and mighty Benford?

Expect more--------> Give accordingly.

Reading for comprehension is evidently not a strong suit. As I've explained numerous times in the past, I've never taken a position on any coaching changes on this board. I've never said talent doesn't matter. I've never attempted to foolishly predict a number of wins in any year.

I've consistently said that bitching on this board causes more harm than good. The least amount of harm is that it has no impact on what you want. I've also said that if you want to be heard, speak to decision makers. I've also explained how you attain more access and a louder voice. Finally, I have very clearly stated there should be a high level of expectations and committment.

So, Bitch less-----> Give more

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Reading for comprehension is evidently not a strong suit. As I've explained numerous times in the past, I've never taken a position on any coaching changes on this board. I've never said talent doesn't matter. I've never attempted to foolishly predict a number of wins in any year.

I've consistently said that bitching on this board causes more harm than good. The least amount of harm is that it has no impact on what you want. I've also said that if you want to be heard, speak to decision makers. I've also explained how you attain more access and a louder voice. Finally, I have very clearly stated there should be a high level of expectations and committment.

Tired of people bringing up "reading comprehension" ability to denigrate other people. It's dumb. Obviously UNT90 can read.

derek-zoolander-center-for-children-who-

• Upvote 1

Tired of people bringing up "reading comprehension" ability to denigrate other people. It's dumb. Obviously UNT90 can read.

derek-zoolander-center-for-children-who-

Not to beat the point, but reading and comprehension are two entirely different things...in English class I never seemed to comprehend the point of some of the BS I was required to read and report on..I never saw the little "fine points" that my professor seemed to think was obvious. Who knew the mast on the ship Billy Bud was on was really an analogy for Christ on the Cross??? I mean, really...who knew? Not me when I was in freshman English at UNT...thus, reading and comprehension...two different things.

And, i have never read that story again to see if it "jumps out" at me now...prof ruined a lot of good literature for me. :judge:

• Upvote 2

Not to beat the point, but reading and comprehension are two entirely different things...in English class I never seemed to comprehend the point of some of the BS I was required to read and report on..I never saw the little "fine points" that my professor seemed to think was obvious. Who knew the mast on the ship Billy Bud was on was really an analogy for Christ on the Cross??? I mean, really...who knew? Not me when I was in freshman English at UNT...thus, reading and comprehension...two different things.

And, i have never read that story again to see if it "jumps out" at me now...prof ruined a lot of good literature for me. :judge:

For sure. Actual reading, and comprehension are certainly different.

But often times, people will alter their arguments, key on one particular point and neglect others, or just flat-out change the point, then accuse another person's "reading comprehension" when that person is trying to keep up with the changing path.

I just think it's a thinly veiled, petty way of saying, "you're dumb, I'm smart".

Pass the Kool-aid!!

green-kool-aid.jpg

• Upvote 3

Do you really think it's a big secret that things are not going well for UNT basketball? Do you really think this board has any influence?

And you say bitching on this message board does more harm than good on one hand, yet you turn around and say if you want to be heard, talk to decision makers on the other hand, suggesting that what is posted on here doesn't matter. Pick your poison, please.

Here is the deal with me. I don't think I need to be wasting my and the AD's time telling the AD how to do their job or complaining about the way they do it. They know there is a problem and that they need to fix the problem. Calling them and wasting their time telling them something they already know is pretty idiotic, don't you think?

Also, this is a fan message board. Posting crap like predictions, favorite made up uniform, and bitching about UNT's lack of athletic success is the closest thing we have to a tradition on this board. You should have figured that out by now. Maybe it's that whole reading comprehension thing.

Expect more ---------> Give Accordingly.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

I wish I could hide behind being a mod!

But, have to admit...that's some funny stuff there Tasty...gave me a great smile this morning...I would definitely +1 you on each one if I could...just for the sake of creativity if nothing else.

Someday i hope you come out of your cave and be seen in the open air! Hot Springs, perhaps?????

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

You must be a new Mean Green fan... Welcome to the constant state of disappointment, it's worst than your best friend having sex with your wife.

I mean, it's not like most of the fans on here give more to the university than the other 100k alumni in the DFW.. Not to mention most of the fans on this board want the best for their school.

You say bitch less and give more, tell that to other programs and they'll laugh in your face

• Upvote 2