Justin Patton and Jacob Holmen are done

Harry

Absolutely wish them the best in whatever future careers they go into. Holmen definitely needed to retire. As I understand it, he has had a bad history of concussions, which are not something you want to mess with.

Justin Patton had the knee injuries and I guess he and the trainers just didn't think that he would be able to come back in time.

It's always sad to see a senior get injured in his last year and have to go out that way.

• Upvote 1

Unless you're referring to pizza, no.

If you're referring, in any way/shape/form, to this leading to the COMPLETELY NECESSARY ouster of our current coach....hahahahahahahahahaha. That's not how we do things around here.

No, was talking about being the first of several players to declare for draft/transfer.

Question. No info.

Holman is still a personal trainer at LA Fitness. He should still go far with kinds degree. This leaves more time for golf! I hope both of these guys have excellent futures off the court. This season has fallen apart from day one... Next year is looking brighter every day...

How does any of this make next year look brighter???

Is it because anything would look better than the black hole we are starring into right now???

Edited by meangreenacct

Too bad,

Holmen was a player that for most of his career has had injuries, he had streaks of outstanding play usually followed by an injury.

Patton was a complete lost cause, as for as NT was concerned. After being recruited by JJ and already in school; he was found to be ineligible, set out a year to never really get a chance at NT because of injuries.

Not that NT has much of a chance anyway, it is going to be tough to get anything out of this year.

• Upvote 1

Holman is still a personal trainer at LA Fitness. He should still go far with kinds degree. This leaves more time for golf! I hope both of these guys have excellent futures off the court. This season has fallen apart from day one... Next year is looking brighter every day...

You know, I remember feeling this way about Vic Trilli back in 1997. Things will get better as he learns how to be a head coach. He has all this talent and the Super Pit is still a great place to play and...

By the end of 1998, it was obvious that he was in waaaaaayyyyyy over his head, but there was nothing we could do but accept that he was going to be here for another couple of years. And Trilli's team actually eked out a win over a pesky d-2 team.

Let this sink in--Benford, in not quite one year as the head coach, has already made a lot folks believe that Vic Trilli isnt the worst basketball coach they've ever seen. And Trilli, as nice as he was, couldn't outcoach you average YMCA coach. So, Benford has that going for him....which is nice.