Next Year

untjim1995

There's one nice thing on the roster and this entire thread is about how bad he is.

Very true. I think there are some of us who feel that Mitchell would be absolutely dominating the sun belt if he were to be used in the right way. Also, I expected the coaching staff to actually develop him throughout this season.

True that. Can you imagine the negative message we project to recruits and their parents with the crazy comments on this board?

Give more ----> Bitch less

I may or may not have directed a player or two to this site. Let's just say that most people on this site lack basketball knowledge and have zero grasp on what is going on. Example... People saying Chris jones is transferring. Laughable Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The inability of the majority of the fan base to judge talent almost makes me wish UNT would never get another player of his caliber.

He has talent but I do believe it is the general consensus but a majority of the scouts that he is not a lottery pick caliber player yet. Without a doubt he has a lot of potential and yes he is playing out of position. If Holman had stayed healthy and Colman was actually all he was hyped to be we might have actually seen Tony play the 3 more. This would have definitely helped develop his game. As is he is still an very talented player that needs to dig deep and kick it into overdrive the rest of the season. If not for the team then for his draft stock....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I may or may not have directed a player or two to this site. Let's just say that most people on this site lack basketball knowledge and have zero grasp on what is going on. Example... People saying Chris jones is transferring. Laughable

So, we really have won more than 8 games and the people here just don't realize it?

I may or may not have direct a player or two to this site. Let's just say that most people on this site lack basketball knowledge and have zero grasp on what is going on. Example... People saying Chris jones is transferring. Laughable

Kids have many options today. Anybody that believes kids and parents(when involved) don't scour the Internet and social media for info on schools recruiting them have less than zero grasp. Precisely why direct communication to the decision makers will ultimately have more impact on any decision made in any of our sports.

Give more ------> Bitch less.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Kids have many options today. Anybody that believes kids and parents(when involved) don't scour the Internet and social media for info on schools recruiting them have less than zero grasp. Precisely why direct communication to the decision makers will ultimately have more impact on any decision made in any of our sports.

Give more ------> Bitch less.

It was in reference to a question that was brought up during a conversation about basketball actually. I have wondered if Benford has visited these boards though. Seems very rude to be making memes about someone who is coaching at a school we claim to represent though.

I may or may not have directed a player or two to this site. Let's just say that most people on this site lack basketball knowledge and have zero grasp on what is going on. Example... People saying Chris jones is transferring. Laughable

The only thing that I have a grasp on is we suck.

Of course you would....but I'm sure that the players love your basketball knowledge and your unwavering support of what appears to be the worst coach in our history of playing hoops.

• Upvote 1

Seems very rude to be making memes about someone who is coaching at a school we claim to represent though.

Welcome to D-1 sports. There are fanbases of way better programs that are more ruthless toward their coach. Not to bash Benford--just kinda comes with the gig.

• Upvote 5

Welcome to D-1 sports. There are fanbases of way better programs that are more ruthless toward their coach. Not to bash Benford--just kinda comes with the gig.[/quote

I agree with Andrew. It doesn't have to come with the gig. I would think that NT would be better than that. The shots taken at Rick and Benford on this site are embarassing to me. Only on the internet and only without identification. Rude doesn't cover it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There's one nice thing on the roster and this entire thread is about how bad he is.

It's fans calling it like they see it. Everyone wants Tony to do well, I don't think there is one person who doesn't.. His play on the court causes the fans to react, if its good or bad. Currently it's not great, every stat is lower than last year.

When a company sets high expectations to the street and there earnings don't meet expectations, people sell and the stock drops... Same principal

• Upvote 2

Welcome to D-1 sports. There are fanbases of way better programs that are more ruthless toward their coach. Not to bash Benford--just kinda comes with the gig.

You should hear Nebraska fans bitching about Pelini, 9 and 10 win seasons aren't good enough, according to them... This message board is calm in comparison to most AQ schools

• Upvote 5

Let's just say that most people on this site lack basketball knowledge and have zero grasp on what is going on. Example... People saying Chris jones is transferring. Laughable

Not saying right or wrong here. Just saving for future reference.

I'm counting on the fact that your basketball knowledge and team insight has been spot-on to date.

• Upvote 1