14 games in, have we showed any improvement?

calvin

I really don't think we have. I don't see any area where we are improving. I keep thinking we are going to find it and figure it out and put something together but at this point it looks hopeless. Still giving up layups, we play no help side defense, we don't get open looks, take bad shots.etc,etc,etc......... So disappointing.

Give me some hope Andrew/Skiver.

If we played Al.-Huntsville again tomorrow, I doubt the outcome would be different.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Here's a troubling stat for you , our 4 DI wins have come against teams that are a combined 7-38 in DI play...

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2

Here's a troubling stat for you , our 4 DI wins have come against teams that are a combined 7-37 in DI play...

Ouch. Be careful what you say. You know important people read this board. Don't want them figuring out that this thing is a rickety bridge over troubled water. Only sunshine and rainbows allowed.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Long-term, Benford is a great coach for UNT. Short-term, there could be a rough season or two...but isn't it that way everytime a new coach comes in? And I think Marlin just signed an extension...

Yeah, he'll be great for NT in that UTA will always demolish us. :P

I think the team is technically a little better, but not even equal to the average improvement a team should have based on the number of games played. This team is playing with very little confidence. There is not one player, with maybe the exception of Franklin, that is playing better than last year.

IMO, every team we have played is better coached. The problem is that not only may NT's most ballyhooed team go down in complete failure but there is even less hope in the future.

Does anyone really think that if this team does not have a massive turnaround, that the future under Benford is bright? His biggest asset is recruiting, and that is going to be a big negative going forward without a strong team finish. Only those that really believe that the lost of Walton is this team's downfall and Benford is going to be a much better coach in the future can believe that there is any chance of improvement. Remember also, that improvement over the way this team is performing could be significant and you still could have a below average team.

• Upvote 1