Kent Riddle headed to ASU

Harry

Dr. Lee was doing a poor job raising money. Most of the big increases the past two years came about because the Governor turned his donor list over to the system president and began holding cocktail receptions at the Governor's Mansion to get donors to meet the leaders.

The coach and the president were there for the receptions but the AD was never invited to attend.

The new chancellor blew his stack when he asked all department heads to submit a one to three page summary of where their department was and what their goals were and how they were going to achieve them. The AD never bothered to submit his and six weeks later he was reassigned.

That's called accountability and good management. Wish we had a chancellor like that.

That's called accountability and good management. Wish we had a chancellor like that.

Agree...also it's called stupid when your bosses ask you for a report and you fail to deliver that report. Deserved to be fired due to insubordination it appears....would agree with that. My subordinates were only asked once for their budgets, they were given a deadline and held accountable...nor were they constantly reminded about project dwadlines. i would have fired the guy as well. Dumb is as dumb does I guess. I doubt you would have put up with it either Deep. Seems the guy did everything but ask to be fired.

• Upvote 1

Harsin is being paid $700,000, has use of a home in a gated golf community, has two cars provided, and has no utility payments except for cable and internet.

Malzahn was getting $850,000 and turned down $1.4 million to stay rather than go to Auburn.

Wow. Quite a discrepancy between what stAte pays their coach and what we pay ours. Seems like I saw where LaTech and ULL pay their coaches quite a bit more than UNT as well. Might have something to do with the level of candidates we get.

• Upvote 1

2012 Attendance

1. Arkansas State...26,398

2. Louisiana...22,865

3. TROY...20,952

4. ULM...19,359*

5. North Texas...18,927

6. MTSU...17,738

7. WKU...17,414

8. USA...16,793

9. FIU...13,634

10. FAU...13,459

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=604296&pid=8724768#pid8724768

I think 2011 stAte was 2nd and Louisiana was first.

To be fair, Aplin has been all world that last 2 seasons which saw Ark St have abnormally high win totals. 2010 and prior saw attendance averages in the 17k range and win totals of 6 or less in most years.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, Aplin has been all world that last 2 seasons which saw Ark St have abnormally high win totals. 2010 and prior saw attendance averages in the 17k range and win totals of 6 or less in most years.

Wow, go figure. A really good quarterback leads to wins.

Maybe we should try that.

• Upvote 3

You're right. But at 17K with 1 winning season in 20 years - it was still greater than our 13K ( now 14K ) enrollment. Since enrollment is proportional to alumni base, stAte hangs in there on attendance competing with much bigger schools.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're right. But at 17K with 1 winning season in 20 years - it was still greater than our 13K ( now 14K ) enrollment. Since enrollment is proportional to alumni base, stAte hangs in there on attendance competing with much bigger schools.

Man, and we sit here with an enrollment of 35k or so, with around 100k alums within 70 miles of Denton, and yet we continue to waste those numbers by not being competitive on the football field.

I wonder what our attendance would be like if we had the success that A St. has had the last 2 years.

:no:

Man, and we sit here with an enrollment of 35k or so, with around 100k alums within 70 miles of Denton, and yet we continue to waste those numbers by not being competitive on the football field.

I wonder what our attendance would be like if we had the success that A St. has had the last 2 years.

:no:

Future Attendance at North Texas? Nothing short of phenomenal once we start winning again.

Hellsbells, folks! Some of us over 30 years ago saw UNT draw right at 20,000 in our former 20K seat stadium versus some school called Cal Poly-Pomona.

Main Key For That To Have Happened? We had a winning football team--what a concept, eh?!?!?! :)

North Texas' large TV market upside and enormous Metroplex UNT constituency from which to draw new fans is still a major plus for us. In sales we always heard "it's a numbers game"; well, UNT's numbers will be our biggest ally when we start putting a string of winning seasons together again.

Still....it sounds like it was a tough decision for the Coach Riddle to leave Denton, though; and as I originally thought that it might be because of a connection that he had at ASU.

From Vito's Blog linked at bottom:

Riddle struggled with the decision a bit, but the bottom line was that he is getting a chance to be an assistant head coach with a good friend in Bryan Harsin and advance his career. Coaches don’t say no in situations like that.

"The hard part was leaving UNT, which Riddle believes is about ready to take off under Dan McCarney.

“The best aspect of it is this isn’t a situation where I am leaving a place where things are not going well,” Riddle said.

“North Texas will blow up and become a great success story under coach McCarney.” :blowup:

Source: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

* UNT once hosted the Texas A & M Aggies in Texas Stadium before approx. 50,000 fans.

* UNT travelled 20,000 fans down to UT-Austin to play the Longhorns back in the day

* On a Tuesday night North Texas had 17,000 traveling fans make the trip to the Big Easy for a NO's Bowl game.

It will be simply amazing what a winning football program will allow us to do once again, but this time around each

of our UNT constituencies, ie, our main campus enrollment, DFW alums, Denton/Denton County populations, etc, are all very much larger.

GMG!

• Upvote 2