Hoops practice facility , Scoreboard update

NT03

What's the latest update on the hotel? Is it still planned for the Apogee side? Fouts make more sense. Last update I read was that they were on the 5 yard line with the city. I-35 construction starts next summer (at least in some areas between Dallas & Denton)

We may not be winning a damn thing but the facilities are looking up.

Looks like all systems go --here's the last thread I could find on the board. Man I can't wait...being able to spend the night after the game without driving sounds awesome:

Didn't the Super Pit have one of those mid-court hanging down scoreboards before? Several years ago there was a rash of several scorboards crashing to the ground, fortunately when it happed no one was around and got hurt. So long as they stay attached to the ceiling, I would like to see one again (or for the first time if we didn't have one before) at the Super Pit.

• Upvote 1

Also, the court is due for a repainting. The Belt logo will be changed for a CUSA logo and hopefully facing the free throw line like everybody else in the country not like our current upside down Belt logo. Hopefully they'll get rid of the old 3 point line and redesign with SOW at center court.

• Upvote 2

Also, the court is due for a repainting. The Belt logo will be changed for a CUSA logo and hopefully facing the free throw line like everybody else in the country not like our current upside down Belt logo. Hopefully they'll get rid of the old 3 point line and redesign with SOW at center court.

I don't know if the women have adopted the longer three point line or not. It might have to stay.

Last step is to fix the audio system and paint that ugly brown wood green! Also it would be nice if we could get rid of the green rim around the court andhave seats a bit closer all around including the benches. Still an excellent place to watch a game!

It is hard to justify adding seats at this time.

• Downvote 1

As far as I know, other than the 3 point line, the basketball floor hasn't been repainted or refinished since before the 2005(?) season, when we changed from the dark forest green to the current SOW green, baseline font and center court logo. If you get a chance after the next home game to go down onto the court, look at where the letters are on the baseline. You can see where the old paint scheme was just painted over.

I noticed when I took this portrait of coach Peterson that the center of the court around the North Texas logo is a different color from the rest of the court.

http://www.dentonrc.com/incoming/20121112-drc_110812_mikepeterson1.jpg.ece

When we changed fonts and the center court logo, the center was sanded down and repainted, but the rest of the clear stain on the court is a lot yellower because the finish is much, much older.

Seems to me that if we can get a few million bucks to get a center hung video board and new LED tables, we could get somebody to donate the money to refinish the floor and get to name it, like when Mattress Mac got to name the practice field.

I mean "Bill Blakeley Court at The Super Pit" sounds pretty good to me. (not advocating naming it after Blakeley, just spitballing ideas)

• Upvote 1