Louisiana Lafayette (12/1/12)

CMJ

We have a team built for the transition game and Benford is trying to make us a half court , grind it out type team. Tony Mitchell going from block to block trying to get open vs 2 , sometimes 3 defenders is not going to cut it.

This team is at its best when it's out in the open court & having fun. TB has taken the fun out and the players are frustrated. Our BB program is going down the drain. If Benford stays , half of our roster will probably transfer out

• Upvote 1

We have a team built for the transition game and Benford is trying to make us a half court , grind it out type team. Tony Mitchell going from block to block trying to get open vs 2 , sometimes 3 defenders is not going to cut it.

This team is at its best when it's out in the open court & having fun. TB has taken the fun out and the players are frustrated. Our BB program is going down the drain. If Benford stays , half of our roster will probably transfer out

Agreed...and then most will probably flourish somewhere else...leaving us to think what could have been.

• Upvote 1

You get excited when a long-time assistant gets his shot, but sometimes you forget there maybe a reason they've been a long-time assistant.

Well, that's a good point, and we're starting to learn more about the downside to going down that road. I still want to look at (or read someone else's analysis) about this season's new coach records in the FBS, comparing the assistants vs. those with previous head coaching experience. I think some of the MAC schools that have done well this year and last were previous head coaches, but from FCS and D2 levels. But, there's just something you like about experience; Peterson (sp?) new WBB coach, doesn't have a great record so far, but I think he'll do great, based on his past record. An assistant, it just seems like you never know.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

I think you figured out his diabolical plan. Make every one transfer, so he gets HIS players in and no one attacks him for pulling their schollys. Brilliant!

What a disaster, I hope things improve but tonight sure was not it. I don't care how misused Mitchell is, he should on mire talent be a positive factor, He was not tonight. In the players defense, I don't know how anyone can play with Benford's irrational substitution pattern.

ULL is not a good team and neither is UTA and both beat NT at home.

There were a few semi-bright spots, Jones played a very good game; maybe because he actually got a lot of playing time. I thought Patton also had his best game, not saying much; but a start. Franklin also was a positive factor but why on earth did the coaching staff think he could guard a 6'9 player. I guess they did it because Niko and Coleman can't guard anybody and they wanted to keep Mitchell out of foul trouble. This plan didn't work on any level and make the ULL player look like a lottery pick and could have been the major contributor to the loss.

I noticed a lot less people here than Wednesday, if this type play continued NT may be down to the attendance levels of early JJ.

Another nut kick. More students migrating behind us with the Mother F'N Eagles. Confrontations when you ask them to stop.

Don't worry. The students will be gone soon enough and you'll never have to hear foul words in the PIT again. What an ingenious plan by RV and that idiot Tony Benford. RUN OFF ALL THE STUDENTS WITH GARBAGE BASKETBALL AND YOU DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CUSSING!!!

• Upvote 3