18-58, 4-23

UNT90

From the field and from 3 point land.

Against a bottom third Belt team (if they were in the Belt this year).

At home.

On local TV.

I won't even talk about free throw shooting

This team has a basketball IQ of about 1. I didn't think I could ever see an offensive system worse than the one JJ put on the floor. I was wrong.

The better coached team with FAR less talent won tonight, Mr. Vito. Yes, Coaching counts.

The team I saw play tonight doesn't finish the season above .500. So disappointing.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

Not going to talk noise...but you saw some good UTA defense tonight. We made a good team rush some outside shots they'd normally be open for and have time to get a real good look at. I was hoping the defense would be there...we didn't let Mitchell see many good looks in the paint and we dominated the boards. We were able to break your press for some easy baskets. If we don't do all 3 of those things, we lose.

Not going to talk noise...but you saw some good UTA defense tonight. We made a good team rush some outside shots they'd normally be open for and have time to get a real good look at. I was hoping the defense would be there...we didn't let Mitchell see many good looks in the paint and we dominated the boards. We were able to break your press for some easy baskets. If we don't do all 3 of those things, we lose.

wrong, dude. this team has been shooting like this all season regardless of the opponent. y'all shot well, but once again, everyone shoots well against us. we can never get the ball down low to tony and we have been outboarded by half the teams this year. y'all aren't bad, but right now, we are.

• Upvote 2

Hey man, UTA deserved it tonight. They are a very disciplined team. I just hope things can turn around quick for us or this is going to be a disaster! Even more of a disaster than it already is. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Do ya'll have another big center to take the pressure off Tony at all? Or is Tony ya'lls Jordan Reves? We really one have one dominant center and some good power forwards.

I wish we would have hired your coach. I walked by your guys in the tunnel. Besides your center, not a one over 6'6". Scott Cross can coach.

We are a bad team right now. Y'all didn't do anything special against us, and I think bty the end of the year, you guys will realize this was a pretty average win.

• Upvote 1

People have accused me of being too patient in the past. I do try to find the silver linings when things are going badly. I also tend to think coaches should have some time before calling for their heads. Hell, I am usually one of the last ones to give up on a coach (I even had hope for Dodge going into that final year!).

But here's the deal. The reason that you are supposed to be patient with most new coaches is because the previous guy was fired and the new guy is probably inheriting a troubled situation. Benford was coming into a situation many, if not most, first time coaches would kill for. And is failing in a ridiculously massive way.

I totally agree with your statement. I wish Glad to be Green would come on the board and post a statement that might ease some of our troubles. I honestly don't know if there is anything he can write that will change the way fans are feeling right now.

I totally agree with your statement. I wish Glad to be Green would come on the board and post a statement that might ease some of our troubles. I honestly don't know if there is anything he can write that will change the way fans are feeling right now.

Sure he can.

"After much deliberation I have realized I made some massive hiring mistakes and will be having some closed door meetings with a few of our head coaches. Expect a press conference in the next few days."

• Upvote 1

Sure he can.

"After much deliberation I have realized I made some massive hiring mistakes and will be having some closed door meetings with a few of our head coaches. Expect a press conference in the next few days."

Need someone to step up and pay off the contract.

Ain't

Gonna

Happen

• Upvote 1

Sure he can.

Scott Cross really impressed me last night. Jones left a loaded team here in Denton. I think Cross could get it done. The guy wouldn't ever have to move his family.

People have accused me of being too patient in the past. I do try to find the silver linings when things are going badly. I also tend to think coaches should have some time before calling for their heads. Hell, I am usually one of the last ones to give up on a coach (I even had hope for Dodge going into that final year!).

But here's the deal. The reason that you are supposed to be patient with most new coaches is because the previous guy was fired and the new guy is probably inheriting a troubled situation. Benford was coming into a situation many, if not most, first time coaches would kill for. And is failing in a ridiculously massive way.

This X a million.

• Upvote 1

Someone earlier was right--we only have like two guys over 6'6 on the team, and one of them hasn't played much this year (our 7'0" guy).

We've had a lot of 6'5"-6'6" guys on our roster the last few years that can handle the ball like a point guard, but crash the boards like a 6'9" player. We're getting two 6'9" guys next year (a junior college transfer and a high school kid) to replace Reves (6'10, 240)..but if they're athletic enough, our roster of 6'5" small forwards can handle the glass and we can get away with a much smaller lineup than other teams. Somehow, it works.