Should C-USA add Texas State?

Harry

I would rather have had them than UT-San Antonio but realistically where would you put them? Taking FAU was sensible if you're going to take FIU. Middle Tennessee gives the Eastern Division a connector between Alabama and North Carolina. MTSU is a very well-rounded program in a large market. I don't think that CUSA should go to 16 at this time but if they did I'd have to think that UL-Lafayette and Arkansas State have the longest FBS history of those available and seem to be able to consistently draw in the 25,000 range in attendance.

• Upvote 1

More Dark Days Ahead For A Program That's Already Been Wandering in the Wilderness For Way Too Long? :hair::hair: :hair:

I will also suggest that some of you guys on this board want yet another former Southland Conference school (TSU-SM) and ex conference-mate of ours to come to Denton to kick our butts with all their 3 star recruits (more than we have) just like UTA did in basketball last night at "OUR" house? Some of you are genuine gluttons for punishment as our athletic program still suffers from its dummication downward that its so-called leadership and ancillary staff have annually given us. After Apogee Stadium had its ribbon cutting, our main campus President along with his BOR's should have told this present group...

"Thanks for all you've done & now with this new stadium (which we all know should have actually been built at least 25 years ago) but now we need to go to the next level with Mean Green athletics of which your hiring practices, lack of season ticket sales in light of dramatic UNT constituency growth and (still) lagging booster club memberships of the last 10 years here at UNT suggests that it will have to be many, many fresh new faces & hires that will be need to be the ones to take us to that next level. And we feel we have given you more than ample time to show growth commissurate with the dramatic growth our region and school have had but the record of the last 10 years indicate we need to make some changes now." (Can even 1 of you hear something like this coming from the mouths of Dr. Lane Rawlins or any of his present BOR's based on what we've seen the last decade? I cannot).

Why do goverment influenced businesses like UNT operate as if non-growth and operating mostly in the red is the norm? And now worse, we have some on this board who used to think our school to be exceptional with so much potential seemedly no longer believe in any of his any longer from all that I read on GMG.com the last few days. Could it be we have those now who are just not capable of tapping into this potential? This is NOT the same North Texas many of us used to know as our alums now seeem to genuflect to anything dished down from our athletic leaders high above with NT Exes who now will seem to accept any school CUSA asks to join in this glorified cluster muck of a conference which once had such promise but now it's all about..................local or state rivaries? Hell, if that's the case lets just throw in the names of Midwestern State or Austin College of Sherman, Texas, in the fray (and that school where the great Bill Snyder once coached before Fry hired him at North Texas).

Bigger The UNT Constituency Gets--The Smaller We Think & Get With No Marked Changes In Attendance Figures From Even 15 Years Ago :roadrage::bbq::mom:

I actually wonder if Denton County's population miraculously grew by 1 million new citizens over night if our attendance figures would change at all and remain forever stagnant? Growth at UNT's home base and home county the last 15 years have not made any noticeable difference whatsoever even compared to the year we met attendance criteria to regain our NCAA D1-A classification, circa 1995.

With 700,000 in Denton County, 110,000 in Denton, UNT closing in on (sometimes in the sweet by and by) 40,000 students with even one UNT publication suggesting that we actually have over 200,000 NT DFW area alums, why do we have a Mean Green head football coach on a summer DFW caravan or tour of alumnus chapters having to beg our regulars to do "THEIR" part to get new fans? I actually felt sorry for Coach McCarney when I first heard this story (while others of you were understandably pissed at him during that moment) because I know the ones responsible for growing our attendance would continue to set on their butts in lazy little ol' Denton waiting for their State of Texas retiremenst and first SSI benefits checks. Seems no one answers to anyone at North Texas while this group sits around not setting goals which they know if they set them based on their past in Denton they wouldn't meet.

Still Way Too Many Empty Seats At UNT While Upstart UTSA Kicks A$$ At The Turnstiles: In a perfect Mean Green World we really shouldn't have any seats left for any of our visitors to purchase--regional rivalry or not. Approx. 8,000,000 in the DFW Metroplex and we cannot find 30,850 out of that number to fill Apogee? Wonder if the staff at UTSA would have any problems filling Apogee no matter how they had to fill it? Even fill Apogee just one time like in its debut game versus UH should have been that first time? (Medium well on those burgers, Coach) :bbq:

Enuf' of this rant, I will now take my meds and go outside to kick the family dog! :hair:

But still...GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

Interesting but if you follow the Banowsky C-USA TV market model, Georgia State may be in play as they represent the #7 TV Market (which I didn't know - credit to Arkstfan) and would fit nicely in the geographic footprint.

NO MIORE START UPS!!!!!!!!!!!

I could give two S%$+s about their "TV market." That crap is killing college football.

• Upvote 1