I truly believe the style we are creating is as important as the wins that will come.  UNT needs to be entertaining and successful.  You cannot expect to run out of the gate and just perform to perfection.  I believe SMU is a solid team and will be pretty good in what looks like a top heavy AAC.  I believe we will be better by October and better in November.  I feel a surprise win in the future and a horrible loss too.  We look like SMU of last year and that is not a bad thing.  The trajectory is heading in the right direction and that is what is most important - the trajectory in every element of experience (AD, Coach, President...)

Beat BC.

GMG

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

No downvote. I understand your stance. But I wasn't really tying my previous post into a who hired the better coach theme. It's more along the lines of we are so disconnected and apathetic that we're, even in year 1, OK losing to what was (and what probably will be) a bad team. It's the whole "we'll get 'em next time" mentality. It's infuriating. Texas St is just a way to squash the 68 scholarship player agendadized BS, the he doesn't have his players yet, yada-yada. Though these points may be valid that people are bringing up, but people were zip tying themselves to the McCarney ship all through the 2014 season, 2015 recruiting class, and some up to the Portland game. Hell, some still clamor him as a good hire to this day. It's not a slippery slope for a fan base to be on, it's a freaking avalanche that we as a fan base must avoid. Expect to win, even in year 1. 

It's 1 game into what is clearly a new era in Denton. Exercise some common sense.

I recall back in 2008, I was lamenting that I had chosen to attend the school with the worst football team in the worst conference in the country.  

I was envious of Idaho (Idaho!) and the WAC (The WAC!  With Karl Benson, WAC!)

Where are Idaho, the WAC, and Karl Benson today?

It's pretty easy to cherry pick some school or the other that you feel should be performing less than UNT, but is having some modicum of success, even if only for a week.  There are 127 other schools out there, and every week, 64 of them are going to win.  Of those, some will be upsets, and some will even be by G5 teams.  

Seth Littrell isn't Todd Doge or Danny Mac by any means.  I don't know much about Wren Baker, but I'm optimistic.

I choose to see the horizon right now.  Rather, I choose to see that the cityscape on the horizon is reachable.  I've just got to keep the car in cruise control for a few more hours and ignore the run down gas station with its filthy restroom and the mysterious hole bored in the wall that happens to be on the side of the road right now.

Bonus picture of Todd Doge:

63025ae9fc3a9505af729aca10810204.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I choose to see the horizon right now.  Rather, I choose to see that the cityscape on the horizon is reachable.  I've just got to keep the car in cruise control for a few more hours and ignore the run down gas station with its filthy restroom and the mysterious hole bored in the wall that happens to be on the side of the road right now.

Bonus picture of Todd Doge:

63025ae9fc3a9505af729aca10810204.jpg

We've been driving the same road, Brother. This happens to me with regularity when my Mean Green Club markings/decals are spotted on my car by random drivers...

200.gif

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

we have to give this team a chance and time.  New system, new coach, new defense and a lot of the same players from last year.  It will take time to get the program moving but I think we are on the right track.  We made some big mistakes at the wrong time against SMU and it cost us, we cut down on the mistakes and we can win some games.  Or if we score more points than the other team we win lol.