So what did C-USA really lose?

Harry

That may be what pisses me off the most. They got what they wanted, and decided to leave anyways.

They should have never got what they wanted. They had already applied to the BE something like 30 times, were we really supposed to think bringing in an FCS school and a school that hasn't even begun football was going to satisfy them? I for one am glad they are gone.

• Upvote 1

The reality is, we are probably going to be left behind in all this mess based on nothing more than lack of performance and lack of winning tradition associated with our brand. Yes, we have put everything in place to become a major player. But we probably needed it to be there in 2002, not 2012. College football took a wild turn this past decade... and it happened about 5 years before we were ready for it.

The scramble for TV $$ will ruin college football for half the country. Count on it.

College football is largely myth anyways. More than half the major conference teams are stocked with players who'd have had zero chance of getting into said school based solely on academics. In my opinion, that's a problem.

All we can do is root for UNT- which I can do quite well- and hope the higher-ups are able to pull off a game-winning hail mary.

We need dramatic changes to create scenarios in Denton as to where we can even throw such a game-winning hail Mary. Just looking at the last

10 years in the Sun Belt & specifically in the daily nuts & bolts operarations, we don't have such a scenario right now. Not really sure why Dr. Rawlins and our BOR's cannot see this as to take action. The record of this athletic department is clear for all to see. (And no, I don't think we fire our head football or basketball coach, either, since they are still all but unpacking their suitcases in Denton and need at least 3 years to really show what they can do).

Getting angry is not the same as hatred. Getting angry is a measured response to a perceived negative stimulus. Anger has led to quite a lot of positive outcomes.

Cory Blissitte

Warning: I don't like "Howard Biel's" usage of the Lords' Name in vain but his YouTube monologue below is one of the most memorable in the

annals of cinama history.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, besides Tulane being an all-around better brand, it brings another large market to the table. The Big East believes they got Dallas and Houston with SMU and UH. So what do we bring that they don't already have? Academic prestige? Tradition? A winning program?

Sorry, I love my alma mater, but I don't blame the Big East for not jumping on the sleeping giant wagon.

I don't want to be in the Big East. I was just pointing out that Tulane doesn't have any tradition nor is New Orleans still a large market. They are a fine, small, private, well respected academic institution.