I'm SOOOOOOOO Tired of Derek Thompson's Terrible Passing

chrisfisher

Disclaimer..... I be been on the square running anyone who asks down the hill over and over in my coffin derby car.... But anyone who didn't see DT costing us games down the stretch had his or her head under a rock. He's a below average sunbelt QB at his best.

Have you been watching at all this year? We could have Larry Firzgerald and Anquan Boldin out there and Thompson would still suck. Our play calling sucks because Thompson is terrible and the coaches know it.

If our coaches know it whay in the hell don't they try Osborne.

• Upvote 1

We were down 31-0 at one point today. WKU, ULM, and ASU are all better then MTSU. I think most reasonable fans would agree a bowl game is probably out of our reach now. Even with Chancellor (broken collar bone) and Delgado out, TD is not the answer for this program. Too many bad passes. I see no reason why we shouldn't look at some other QBs. At 3-5, it is time to develop players for the future.

We just lost to a team that lost to McNeese State.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2

If McNulty was healthy he would have been in the game. As for Osborne I am sorry he wasted 2 years.

That's ridiculous! He will have a 4 year degree when his time is done at UNT. Lets not lose sight of

the big picture.

GMG

• Upvote 4

Thompson obviously didn't have a descent day but all those thinking that the QB is all of NT problems are far from accurate. In the first half there was no wrs making any plays. Playing without the only two receivers that have done anything this year was devastating.

NT running game wear them out strategy actually worked but NT was too far behind for it to be of any benefit. Thompson made some bad decisions but when NT is behind as far as they were there was not a lot to lose.

This was a bad game were they got behind a fired up team and didn't play with any passion at all at the beginning of the game and gave all the momentum to MTSU. Frankly with some of NT coverages, it would have been difficult for MTSU not to score and if they didn't drop some wide open passes the score would have been much worse.

We were down 31-0 at one point today. WKU, ULM, and ASU are all better then MTSU. I think most reasonable fans would agree a bowl game is probably out of our reach now. Even with Chancellor (broken collar bone) and Delgado out, TD is not the answer for this program. Too many bad passes. I see no reason why we shouldn't look at some other QBs. At 3-5, it is time to develop players for the future.

We just lost to a team that lost to McNeese State.

I know. Can you imagine what McNeese State would do to us???

If our coaches know it why in the hell don't they try Osborne.

Our coaches must really despise Ozzy. I can't imagine how hard you'd have to suck in practice to be deemed unworthy of a shot when the guy in front of you is as terrible as DT. Maybe Ozzy has recently forgotten how to throw spirals? Maybe Ozzy has developed a case of the yips relating to the QB/Center exchange? Maybe Ozzy recently had his talent robbed of him like Kevin Durant did in his new movie?

I'm just spitballing ideas here... but I think the Kevin Durant talent draining thing might be it.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

Our coaches must really despise Ozzy. I can't imagine how hard you'd have to suck in practice to be deemed unworthy of a shot when the guy in front of you is as terrible as DT. Maybe Ozzy has recently forgotten how to throw spirals? Maybe Ozzy has developed a case of the yips relating to the QB/Center exchange? Maybe Ozzy recently had his talent robbed of him like Kevin Durant did in his new movie?

I'm just spitballing ideas here... but I think the Kevin Durant talent draining thing might be it.

LMAO!!

Thompson obviously didn't have a descent day but all those thinking that the QB is all of NT problems are far from accurate. In the first half there was no wrs making any plays. Playing without the only two receivers that have done anything this year was devastating.

NT running game wear them out strategy actually worked but NT was too far behind for it to be of any benefit. Thompson made some bad decisions but when NT is behind as far as they were there was not a lot to lose.

This was a bad game were they got behind a fired up team and didn't play with any passion at all at the beginning of the game and gave all the momentum to MTSU. Frankly with some of NT coverages, it would have been difficult for MTSU not to score and if they didn't drop some wide open passes the score would have been much worse.

Finally a voice of reason.

I'm so sick and tired of the DT apologists. DT has a mediocre arm, no accuracy (that launch-in-the-Wing-Zone TD throw he made was possibly the worst play I've seen a D1 QB make ever) and couldn't even stack up against Texas FREAKING Southern. It's not that we don't have "playmakers".

It's that Thompson can't get the ball to our "playmakers".

Brelan Chancellor needs 8 catches a game. He usually ended up with 3 to 4. Thompson just ignored him and if he did target him it was always 5 feet over his head.

INEXCUSABLE.

Players like Chancellor will fight for the ball. But you have to freaking give them more than a snowball's chance in hell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I'm so sick and tired of the DT apologists. DT has a mediocre arm, no accuracy (that launch-in-the-Wing-Zone TD throw he made was possibly the worst play I've seen a D1 QB make ever) and couldn't even stack up against Texas FREAKING Southern. It's not that we don't have "playmakers".

It's that Thompson can't get the ball to our "playmakers".

Brelan Chancellor needs 8 catches a game. He usually ended up with 3 to 4. Thompson just ignored him and if he did target him it was always 5 feet over his head.

INEXCUSABLE.

Players like Chancellor will fight for the ball. But you have to freaking give them more than a snowball's chance in hell.

Brelan was not in Saturday's game. What week are you talking about?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...