Jarrian Roberts

Harry

Here's the participation report from the ULL game:

North Texas: 9-Harris, Carlos, 14-Sampson, Chaz, 15-Marshall, Mike, 16-Teegarden, D., 17-Pleasant, L., 18-Marshall, Jamal, 20-Brown, Jeremy, 22-Jimmerson, A., 27-Lee, Lairamie, 31-Buyers, Kenny, 34-Hubbard, W., 37-Olen, Zach, 38-Campbell, B., 39-Sashington, K., 41-Atterberry, W., 44-Bellazin, Aaron, 49-Mason, Daryl, 50-Lewis, Robert, 52-Akunne, Derek, 53-Washington, K., 54-Dunham, Blake, 63-Summerfield, N., 64-Anyiam, LaChris, 65-Thompson, Micah, 80-Smith, Darnell, 86-Miller, Drew, 88-Smith, Tanner, 90-Boutwell, Ryan, 94-Burks, Raymond, 97-Abbe, Richard.

Here's one for TSU. A lot more names on here (6 true fresh) for a home game against a non conference opponent. I wonder if they are allowed to play a kid for a certain number of downs in non conference and keep his redshirt?? Anyone know the rule?

North Texas: 1B-Osborn, Brent, 2B-Rollins, Rex, 2-Johnson, D.Q., 5E-Busby, David, 7G-Davis, Devante, 9-Harris, Carlos, 9A-Ladner, Mike, 11-Wright, Will, 15-Marshall, Mike, 16-Teegarden, D., 17-Pleasant, L., 18-Marshall, Jamal, 20-Brown, Jeremy, 22-Jimmerson, A., 25-Kelly, Xavier, 31-Buyers, Kenny, 34-Hubbard, W., 37-Olen, Zach, 38-Campbell, B., 39-Sashington, K., 41-Atterberry, W., 42-Polk, Chad, 49-Mason, Daryl, 54-Dunham, Blake, 63-Summerfield, N., 64-Anyiam, LaChris, 68-Shaw, Grant, 74-Feldt, Cam, 77-Ellard, Travis, 80-Smith, Darnell, 81-Bynes, Chris, 82-Schrapps, Nick, 84-Smith, Marcus, 88-Smith, Tanner, 91-Orr, Austin, 92-Smith, LaJaylin, 94-Burks, Raymond, 96-Cantly, Tevinn, 97-Abbe, Richard.

Here's one for TSU. A lot more names on here (6 true fresh) for a home game against a non conference opponent. I wonder if they are allowed to play a kid for a certain number of downs in non conference and keep his redshirt?? Anyone know the rule?

North Texas: 1B-Osborn, Brent, 2B-Rollins, Rex, 2-Johnson, D.Q., 5E-Busby, David, 7G-Davis, Devante, 9-Harris, Carlos, 9A-Ladner, Mike, 11-Wright, Will, 15-Marshall, Mike, 16-Teegarden, D., 17-Pleasant, L., 18-Marshall, Jamal, 20-Brown, Jeremy, 22-Jimmerson, A., 25-Kelly, Xavier, 31-Buyers, Kenny, 34-Hubbard, W., 37-Olen, Zach, 38-Campbell, B., 39-Sashington, K., 41-Atterberry, W., 42-Polk, Chad, 49-Mason, Daryl, 54-Dunham, Blake, 63-Summerfield, N., 64-Anyiam, LaChris, 68-Shaw, Grant, 74-Feldt, Cam, 77-Ellard, Travis, 80-Smith, Darnell, 81-Bynes, Chris, 82-Schrapps, Nick, 84-Smith, Marcus, 88-Smith, Tanner, 91-Orr, Austin, 92-Smith, LaJaylin, 94-Burks, Raymond, 96-Cantly, Tevinn, 97-Abbe, Richard.

No. Absent injury, playing one down of one games burns. The redshift, as we all so painfully learned with DT not too long ago. Conference, non-conference doesn't matter

• Upvote 1

No. Absent injury, playing one down of one games burns. The redshift, as we all so painfully learned with DT not too long ago. Conference, non-conference doesn't matter

don't think DT not burning his redshirt that year really would matter right now...or next year...

• Upvote 1

I think there a minimum number of snaps a player can participate in for the season. A player applies for a redshirt after the season.

I think there a minimum number of snaps a player can participate in for the season. A player applies for a redshirt after the season.

I think you are right. I say this based on that several years ago we had a WR, Zach Muzzy, who broke his leg on KO in the 4th game of the season his freshman year. (I believe the game was against Arkansas.) Anyway, had he broken his leg on the last play of the game before he could have redshirted but something about it being game 4 of the season or some sort of snap/play count disallowed the redshirt.

Anyone else remember this?

Sort of surprised that he hasn't been out there. Mac really seems to be redshirting a lot of this which is great but I have been surprised we haven't seen more of guys like Roberts. Has anyone seen him on special teams?

I think it's in Robert's best interest to redshirt. Gives him a year to acclimate from Class A high school ball to D1 football.

If you play 1 snap your redshirt is burned unless you later suffer a season ending injury, which would then be a medical redshirt.

You have 4 years to play 5. A single snap burns one of those four years. Not playing one of the years is a "redshirt" year.

There is no such thing as a "medical redshirt." There is a Hardship Waiver (HW).

A player can apply for a HW if they have a season ending injury as long as they:

1) Played in less than 30% of the teams regular season games, and

2) did not play a single game AFTER the midpoint of the regular season.

In football terms, considering a 12 game regular season, that means a player is eligble to apply for a HW if

1) they played less than three or fewer games, and

2) none of those games happened after the sixth game.

Also, it is a waiver that you apply for and the NCAA rules on. Some school have great luck when applying for those...

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1