The CougarKing Comes to GMG Thread (With Guest Star MeanGreener)

Cougar King

I was ignoring the Cougar High remarks which was actually the provoking until Caribbean Green started the fire. Yeah, I hit you guys where it hurt, but that was more so in a response to Caribbean Green's lack of facts. Don't act like you guys are innocent.

Don't tell me you honestly thought I was going to come on here and say UH was going to lose.

And I wouldn't say your heading to an AQ conference. You'll have to do more than just win the Big East to play in a BCS bowl. As for support of TWU vs UNT, there is no comparison and if you've spent any significant time in Denton you'd know that. Not that we don't support TWU, it's just not comparable to UNT.

We'll have to wait and find out. I don't know if you've seen our defense play but they are pretty stout this year, especially in the secondary. We have a rs frosh cornerback Zac Whitfield who is a converted running back and has been burned a few times but has also made some spectacular plays that few could make. Other than those few times our secondary has at least kept everything in front of them, so this should make for a good matchup.

Also, I like Dewayne Peace as a receiver and I played against Andrew Rodriguez a few times in high school and thought he'd work out well in Houston. I saw he had about 80 yards the first game but nothing since. Did he get hurt or did he just get passed on the depth chart?

Rodriguez is injured, he was going to play in the Rice game but re-injured himself at practice. He is questionable for ths Saturday.

I say again. We're having fun here, no?

I'm having a blast. Rice isn't big on smacktalk and therefore I ddidn't do a whole lot of it last week. They're way too depressed right now.

Calling yourself a have now? You get one year of money, then watch what happens. Your new conference mates are so impressed with you, they are doing anything they can to get away from your smelly rear end. Your conference TV deal will crater after Louisville and USF leave for the ACC, Boise gets in AMY conference but the Least, because they already don't want to be there, and Rutgers??? Seriously??? That's an attendance killing game, right there.

Losing ND in basketball was 10 times the loss for the Least than both you guys and Smoo will be in all sports for CUSA. But congrats on your association with Smoo. It seems you both have delusions of grandeur (SMU and this particular Houston poster).

Speaking of sloppy seconds, I guess that's what you guys are to our new conference mate. USM. After all, they did fornicate y'all right out of the ONLY BCS bowl opportunity you guys had and will have for the next 10 years (even after "BCS" is no more).

You lost your coach to TAM, you hired a guy willing to blame his staff (great lesson on accountability), you cant beat an FBS start up, and all you are left with is empty bravado on an opponent's web site.

In a way, I feel sorry for you guys.

Our coaches are always lured away by Big 12 and SEC schools which shows us the quality of our staff. Even though USM beat us, we still got the better bowl game AND they were flat out rejected by the Big East. They haven't won a game yet this season and are dealing with their own problems right now. As far as conferences go, until the Big XII comes calling, Us, Boise, Louisville, Cincinnati, UCF, Rutgers and USF will be staying put.

No Rutgers isn't an attendance killer, not only are they ranked and undefeated, but our fans attend any game at The Rob. Regardless of the opponent.

Edited by Cougar King

I'm still an undergrad and possibly a future walk-on first off.

You're a possible future walk-on?? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

*breathe*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

*breathe*

Good luck with that.

Also, next year's Big East is the stupidest conference imaginable. Like, it promotes the image that US students do not understand geography. How the hell does one justify San Diego State of freaking California being in the Big EAST. The movie "Idiocracy" is fast upon us.

You're a possible future walk-on?? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

*breathe*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

*breathe*

Good luck with that.

Also, next year's Big East is the stupidest conference imaginable. Like, it promotes the image that US students do not understand geography. How the hell does one justify San Diego State of freaking California being in the Big EAST. The movie "Idiocracy" is fast upon us.

I'm pretty sure this is coming from a guy who has never played football before. I doubt you'll be flapping your gums after Saturday.

• Downvote 1

Rodriguez is injured, he was going to play in the Rice game but re-injured himself at practice. He is questionable for ths Saturday.

I'm having a blast. Rice isn't big on smacktalk and therefore I ddidn't do a whole lot of it last week. They're way too depressed right now.

Our coaches are always lured away by Big 12 and SEC schools which shows us the quality of our staff. Even though USM beat us, we still got the better bowl game AND they were flat out rejected by the Big East. They haven't won a game yet this season and are dealing with their own problems right now. As far as conferences go, until the Big XII comes calling, Us, Boise, Louisville, Cincinnati, UCF, Rutgers and USF will be staying put.

No Rutgers isn't an attendance killer, not only are they ranked and undefeated, but our fans attend any game at The Rob. Regardless of the opponent.

Your "fans" have been attending in recent years because the team has been decent. 3-4 Years ago you average around 20k a game, and just 9-10 years ago you averaged a piss poor 12k a game. Should we call it Houston Junior High? You and SMU really do belong together, you both take apathy to a whole new level.

Your "fans" have been attending in recent years because the team has been decent. 3-4 Years ago you average around 20k a game, and just 9-10 years ago you averaged a piss poor 12k a game. Should we call it Houston Junior High? You and SMU really do belong together, you both take apathy to a whole new level.

Explain to me why we sold out every game and averaged 31k even though we went 5-7. As opposed to you guys going 5-7 and barely getting 18k to show up. Apathy here is a thing of the past (Unless we take sucking to a whole new level)

Wow. This far into the thread, and UH fans are blaming me for the copious amounts of butthurt they're feeling. I'm honored. It's like I'm the Texas State of message board smack talk!!!

I thought "it's smack talk!" "If you can't take it, get out if the kitchen", blah blah. Waaah. I think the guy who showed up on a NT message board ripping us started it, but maybe that's just me. (For the record, I have no problem with Cougar King "starting" anything... Internet football message boards are kind of for this, no? He's doing what you do, and he's getting dogpiled... You know, like any of us would on CoogFans.)

As for "bad information", I just posted a link. It sounds like you boys should fire of some emails to the editor of that publication, as you clearly feel like they've been maliciously publishing lies in an attempt to fool everyone to thinking UH is in a high crime area. I mean, don't shoot the messenger, you guys. Sounds like a real scandal, though!

As for the "Rob" stuff, yes, it's a hole that's being torn down, and no, no college football fan outside of six guys in Houston would consider it remotely near any sane list of best home field advantages in football. Accurate again. I mean, YOU did brag about some of your fans getting arrested, so I guess you've got me there.... UNLESS THE PAPER IS LYING WITH MISLEADING STATISTICS AGAIN!!!1!'ELEVEN!!!

Besides, this smack talk war ended years ago, the minute GreenP1 sacked Kevin Kolb.

Me? I'm off to raise a banner. It feels good, you guys. Sorry for all the trauma.

More stupid than the Big 10 having 12 teams and the Big 12 having 10 teams? Does that promote the image that US students can't count to 10?

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure this is coming from a guy who has never played football before. I doubt you'll be flapping your gums after Saturday.

Yet you are flapping your gums after losing to a TERRIBLE Texas St. team.

Losing to our future conference mate La Tech (while giving up 56 points).

Losing to UCLA (unable to score until they put in their 2nd and 3rd team in the 4th)

And FINALLY beating a terrible Rice team.

Like I said, empty bravado.

Explain to me why we sold out every game and averaged 31k even though we went 5-7. As opposed to you guys going 5-7 and barely getting 18k to show up. Apathy here is a thing of the past (Unless we take sucking to a whole new level)

Probably because you had been good the previous years and had a 5-3 record that year before losing your final two homes games to fall to 5-5. Learn something about your own team. If you guys had a coach go 6-37, you wouldn't get 10k to show up.

Yet you are flapping your gums after losing to a TERRIBLE Texas St. team.

Losing to our future conference mate La Tech (while giving up 56 points).

The thought just occurred to me that you guys could go winless in the WAC this year.

How could anybody ever do that??

The thought just occurred to me that you guys could go winless in the WAC this year.

How could anybody ever do that??

We wouldn't lose to Idaho, UTSA, or NMSU. We most likely wouldn't lose to San Jose State or Utah State either. (Though USU has shown flashes of brilliance so...)

We wouldn't lose to Idaho, UTSA, or NMSU. We most likely wouldn't lose to San Jose State or Utah State either. (Though USU has shown flashes of brilliance so...)

Prove it.

Oh wait, you already lost to Texas St, which is worse than every team you mentioned besides UTSA.

So, I guess you go 1-5 in the WAC?

How proud the Big East must be.

Oh, and thanks for F'n up the reputation of CUSA in your last year. Don't worry, we will take care of building it back up.

Let's make sure you're not running the scoreboard then. If UNT gets a TD and FG, I can see 12 points showing up on the board.

Dude, I'm agreeing with you. I completely agree that the 12-10 thing between those two conferences is pretty dumb, but in my opinion not as glaringly heinous as the geographic mis-association of the nBE.

You are middle of the pack Southland team, get over it.

Yet this middle of the pack Southland team still outrecruits you and outdraws you. Let's see if you'll still be saying that after the game. I wonder if you will show your face and eat your crow. I will happily eat crow and shut my mouth if we lose.

• Downvote 2

Yet this middle of the pack Southland team still outrecruits you and outdraws you. Let's see if you'll still be saying that after the game. I wonder if you will show your face and eat your crow. I will happily eat crow and shut my mouth if we lose.

So we could go check Bobcats.com (or whatever their site is) and see you eating crow? Or the Bulldog site? Maybe Bruins.com?

I'd think you would be kinda full by now.

Or did they not have internet in city lockup after that Bobcat woopin?

Edited by UNT90