Students

Bald_Eagle

Overheard a student in the bookstore saying he was not going to the game because they ran out of student tickets and told him sorry. Surely we are not really turning students away...?

I don't think so. Last year at the Houston game when they ran out of student's tickets they started giving them general admission tickets in the end zone. RV said they wouldn't turn away students (unless it's a sell out I suppose).

• Upvote 1

I don't think so. Last year at the Houston game when they ran out of student's tickets they started giving them general admission tickets in the end zone. RV said they wouldn't turn away students (unless it's a sell out I suppose).

Dr. V. Lane came out very strong about that last season. If students want into the game, they will get into the game.

• Upvote 1

How'd the student section look from the alumni side tonight? As impressive as last game? More? Less? All of the above...?

There's no way that number is right. the wing zone was almost half full, the alumni side was almost completely full the second tier of the studen side had people in the middle three sections. Whatever, it doesn't matter anymore.

I thought there were maybe a few thousand more fans at this game than the last.

• Upvote 2

Overheard a student in the bookstore saying he was not going to the game because they ran out of student tickets and told him sorry. Surely we are not really turning students away...?

Yes - this happened in our last home game - and could have happened tonight - the electronic scanner was not working and they ran out of tickets

• Upvote 1

Yes - this happened in our last home game - and could have happened tonight - the electronic scanner was not working and they ran out of tickets

That's just not right. I went to the stadium with a friend at 11:30 am and was told there were plenty of student tickets left, and we picked up our own student tickets... the students need to be able to get in the game.

• Upvote 1

I expect students will still show up for the ESPN game if for no other reason than it's the only game in town that night. No one going home for the weekend or to some other event. however, I agree with PP who said it will be tough to get the alumni side full especially after the horrible game yesterday. We are still making the trek but not nearly as excited about it as we were yesterday before kick-off :(

• Upvote 2