So how did y'all think Dave Barnett did?

Harry

I came home from DJ'ing a wedding and watched the re-broadcast around midnight and Dave did fine. Like all of us in the middle age crowd he has put on a couple of pounds but not that much.

I, too enjoyed the Bill Mercer interview during the game and Bill was quite gracious with his comments about all his former students which he named one by one, but he seemed to want to get off camera and go back to wherever he was watching the game. I had hoped he would have stayed on with our guys for the entire quarter and they would have let him do a little play by play just for old time's sake.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I, too, watched the broadcast the next morning after attending. Think it was obvious who was paying for the broadcast. Nice to see positive spins on everything for UNT.

Stadium looked good, student section looked packed. Wings stuck out cause they were empty. Alumni side looked less full than I expected.

They missed some things in the broadcast like who the penalty was on in the trice int play. They were obviously selling apogee and the environment. Maybe too much... That is fine with me though.

Barnett has a very good voice, but there were a few awkward moments in some of the interviews, like mercer and Villarreal. Other than that, it was very nice to be able to see the game in person and rewatch with commentary and a nice looking broadcast.

Atmosphere can get better over tv with more people in the stands. Not bad though overall.

GMG

Edited by SHOSS

Watched the replay last night, thought Dave and Doogie did a great job. Loved Bill Mercer & his NT football history lesson. I, too, wished they would have let Bill do a little play by play but he seemed to want to get out of their way. The hot sideline reporter was good also!