This is way over due, but...

You guys are straight ignorant.

Even if you didn't recognize his name immediately after the news broke, if you bothered to look him up, you would have seen what kind of recruit he was.

My only concern was that he would change his mind and go to Europe to get paid before making his jump to the NBA. Otherwise, UNT basketball was immediately going to another level... (little did I know that our 2nd & 4th best players would later become ineligible).

This year, barring injury, or another grades setback, the University of North Texas Basketball team is poised to have it's greatest season EVER. I'm looking forward to UNT posting a 25-27 win season and locking up that first top 25 ranking in team history... All this, thanks to the greatest recruit to set foot on campus, Mr. Tony Mitchell.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I was more excited than if it were a football player because you need more than one top flight recruit to make a good football team, in basketball one guy can make all the difference.

Edited by glick1980
  • Upvote 3

Top flight FB players are great, but they tend to be much more hit and miss than top flight BB players. We're very fortunate, because I have little doubt that he's going to be the biggest impact player in any sport to pass through the MG Nation thus far. Hell, he may already be after only 2/3rd's of a season. No offense meant by that to Mean Joe, Abner, and a couple of other guys, but in this information age hype and publicity tend to fly to the four corners of the Earth.

• Upvote 1

I was more excited than if it were a football player because you need more than one top flight recruit to make a good football team, in basketball one guy can make all the difference.

Could not agree more, when the news broke out I had my talons up all day walking around campus... Singing the fight song everyhour

• Upvote 1