Riley Dodge Named Grad Asst at Texas A&M

Harry

On my phone and no time to look it up, but I believe they're both correct. Your preferred spelling was apparently pushed more during the Reefer Madness days as a way to make it look more foreign.

Basically, though, it's like asada vs azada. Both correct.

Marihuana is a Spanish word. Correct Spanish spelling is with an H. The dumb, stoned Americans turned it into a j (I mean, Mary Helen just don't sound as sexy as Mary Jane).

Maybe we can go to TFLF's wife (the second one) for an official ruling?? :-)

Edited by UNT90

Marihuana is a Spanish word. Correct Spanish spelling is with an H. The dumb, stoned Americans turned it into a j (I mean, Mary Helen just don't sound as sexy as Mary Jane).

Maybe we can go to TFLF's wife (the second one) for an official ruling?? :-)

last I checked we don't speak Spanish over here bro. If you love correct Spanish so much why dont you just go live over there?
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Best of luck to Riley at A&M and to Todd Dodge at Marble Falls. Riley played his heart out for the Mean green and Coach Dodge was the embodiment of class after his dismissal. How many ex-coaches would have shown up in the stands after they were let go to watch their kid play? Good luck to both.

I do wonder how Todd Dodge will like having an Aggie in the family! Ha...could be interesting.

• Upvote 4

Riley received a medical redshirt in 2008 and has a year of eligibility remaining as long as he takes a grad program that wasn't offered at McNeese. I'm not predicting that it's probable that he'll play but it is possible.

Uh...my guess is, having not been able to survive even half a season at FCS McNeese State without succumbing to injury yet again, there's no possible way Kevn Sumlin would be stupid enough to put him on the field against SEC defenses.

And, as to marih/juana...we just call it Looney Lettuce at our house.

• Upvote 2

Best of luck to Riley at A&M and to Todd Dodge at Marble Falls. Riley played his heart out for the Mean green and Coach Dodge was the embodiment of class after his dismissal. How many ex-coaches would have shown up in the stands after they were let go to watch their kid play? Good luck to both.

I do wonder how Todd Dodge will like having an Aggie in the family! Ha...could be interesting.

Good luck to both Coach Dodges. I think Riley will be a great coach.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

Glad to see so much support for both Dodges. They may not have put up the "W"s that everybody wanted, but the content of their character is clearly evident and I'm always glad to hear news of them doing well. Though I must admit, I've always thought College Station was a bit creepy. Still, they do a great job of taking care of their people and connecting them well, so I hope this is a good move for him.

The Dodge's came in with a gameplan that failed. But that does not take away from them being good people. I sound like I am talking politics! I wish them both excellent success from here on out and think he will do well in a sling it around the field program. I love watching A&M play the way I love watching Oregon play. If they can continue playing some D and terrify the heck out of the SEC D they could literally flip that conference on its head. I don't say it will happen but dang it would be fun! I was glued to the tv watching Johnny Football march the maroon machine up and down the field and emptying out much of the 82,000 by halftime! My Sis is an Ag so I went to many a games and learned their traditions, went to yell practice and bonfire...It does look strange from the outside but inside it is a flat out blast!

GMG

• Upvote 3

I don't understand all the love. He changed our uniforms to model them after a high school team. This cannot be forgiven.

Don't understand it now, certainly didn't understand it then. I wasn't around for Dickey, so I don't know which was more divisive, but the disciples of the Dragon of Southlake would follow the man and his plan to the ninth plane of Dante's inferno, otherwise known as constant ass kickings in the cellar of the Sun belt.

That said, it wasn't Riley's fault. He was a kid succumbing to parental pressure.

The Dodge's came in with a gameplan that failed. But that does not take away from them being good people. I sound like I am talking politics! I wish them both excellent success from here on out and think he will do well in a sling it around the field program. I love watching A&M play the way I love watching Oregon play. If they can continue playing some D and terrify the heck out of the SEC D they could literally flip that conference on its head. I don't say it will happen but dang it would be fun! I was glued to the tv watching Johnny Football march the maroon machine up and down the field and emptying out much of the 82,000 by halftime! My Sis is an Ag so I went to many a games and learned their traditions, went to yell practice and bonfire...It does look strange from the outside but inside it is a flat out blast!

GMG

Traditions and practicing organized expressions of game time spirit (or even having them) is a blast? :o

Imagine that.......... :huh:

• Downvote 1