Why was Cuban too busy to be in town for Deron Williams visit?

That's gotten a lot of talk but I don't think it made a difference one bit. I didn't think Williams would have turned away from $25 million. Only scenario I could have seen him coming was if Howard never opted in and managed to become a free agent this off season with Williams then I think it could have been a legitimate chance of both of them coming here. But whether Cuban was there or not it wouldn't have mattered in my opinion.

At least we had the 3 J's in the 90's. Now, we've only got 1 German.

The future looks bad right now but as bad as this thing has turned the last week or so I don't forsee the Mavs every being that bad at least under Cubans regime. There may be a few really tough/bad years but I'd like to think that Cubes, Nellie and clan would find a way to rebuild a lot quicker than it took 11 or 12 years between playoff appearances.

Don't mind the Chris Kaman signing at all and tho I was a very big Mahinmi fan and he should have remained in Dallas I definitely like both Jones and Collison.

I liked him as well, but this team is in no position to be spending money to keep a backup center right now. As nice of a player as Mahinmi is, I don't see him as any more than a very solid backup in the league.

Rudy taunting Maverick fans 13 months after a championship. I need an old fashioned.

Wow, someone can't take a joke. I happen to be a Mavs fan as well, and sat throught the hell of the 90's seasons.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

So this team is starting to actually take shape. Too bad the first half of the season will be lost with all these new faces trying to learn to play with one another. Yet the team is still talented enough to back into the playoffs as a 7-8 seed.

I like Mayo. I wouldn't mind bringing in Calderon in case Collison doesn't work out.

So this team is starting to actually take shape. Too bad the first half of the season will be lost with all these new faces trying to learn to play with one another. Yet the team is still talented enough to back into the playoffs as a 7-8 seed.

I like Mayo. I wouldn't mind bringing in Calderon in case Collison doesn't work out.

It won't take that long for them to mesh with a full traing camp and preseason. I fully expect them to finish 5th or 6th if they stay healthy.

I think the Rangers definately have the best front office of all the professional teams in Dallas and Mavs are definately second. There's a reason they've won 50 games a year for so many consecutive years. After Williams left them at the alter they've assembled quite a solid team without compromising their ability to compete for super stars next off season. I think this team is probably a 5th or 6th seed. They could be higher if one of their many two guards can channel their inner Jason Terry and provide a scoring pop.

The best part about what they are doing is they are stockpiling a bunch of tradable assets for the trade deadline this year thanks to those one year contracts. 8 mil for Kaman, plus all these other one year deals spell cap relief for some team that has destroyed their future. What that means for the little Mavericks is that if they are good enough to compete for a 7-8 seed then they have the trade chips to deal for a top tier player at the deadline to try and mae a run this year and even to move onto the future as the face of the franchise perhaps...

And if they suck hello lottery and hello Tony Mitchell.

this wasn't my ideal off season by any stretch but it looks like Cuban and Donnie might have something up their sleeves afterall.

• Upvote 1

I think the Rangers definately have the best front office of all the professional teams in Dallas and Mavs are definately second. There's a reason they've won 50 games a year for so many consecutive years. After Williams left them at the alter they've assembled quite a solid team without compromising their ability to compete for super stars next off season. I think this team is probably a 5th or 6th seed. They could be higher if one of their many two guards can channel their inner Jason Terry and provide a scoring pop.

oj-mayo.p1.jpg

• Upvote 1

oj-mayo.p1.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree with you about the Mavs points off the pine. I think Roddy Beaubois can be

this spark plug off the bench of which you speak. If he does not, they need to part ways at the end of the

year.

• Upvote 1