Air miles to CUSA cities in 2013

GrayEagle

While we're not exactly a cozy conference, the distance to regional rivals won't be bad and North Texas has the fewest miles to travel to its six regional members.

Here are the following average one-way mileages to other division members:

North Texas 338

Rice 356

Louisiana Tech 379

Charlotte 381

UTSA 382

East Carolina 442

Tulsa 455

UAB 475

Marshall 476

Old Dominion 506

Tulane 514

Southern Miss 610

UTEP 699

FIU 728

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 2

While we're not exactly a cozy conference, the distance to regional rivals won't be bad and North Texas has the fewest miles to travel to its six regional members.

North Texas 338

Rice 356

Louisiana Tech 379

Charlotte 381

UTSA 382

East Carolina 442

Tulsa 455

UAB 475

Marshall 476

Old Dominion 506

Tulane 514

Southern Miss 610

UTEP 699

FIU 728

I think we may win a few more games just by not being the geographically remotest member of a conference this time around. Glad to see others who can see the advantages of a central place. No, location isn't as important as it was before the internet; it's much MORE important.

2011 Season - 5,264 miles and 84 hours driving.

Didn't go to FIU. All of it was AFTER attending Friday night football game. With 7 road games this year, I will easily break my Personal Record.

• Upvote 2

A lot of us have made a pact to attend all CUSA 2013 inaugural season road games in football so it will be cool to see how that schedule turns out!

Here are the air distances from North Texas to other CUSA opponents:

Tulsa 212

Rice 259

Louisiana Tech 265

UTSA 271

Tulane 476

Southern Miss 476

UTEP 551

UAB 598

Marshall 898

East Carolina 1139

FIU 1139

FIU was the most distant in the Sun Belt and is tied for the most distant in CUSA. Ironically, both Tulane and Southern Miss are the same distance from Denton. Highway mileage would change these but not substantially.

Eight are driveable in a day. I've driven to both El Paso and Birmingham in roughly ten hours over worse roads.

That's a great pact. Hopefully, you can get at least a hundred involved in that for our first year in CUSA.

Tulsa and Southern Miss are the closest thing to "bell cows" that we'll have but at least half can be solid franchises; even more if they can get the commitment from their administration.

• Upvote 1

2011 Season - 5,264 miles and 84 hours driving.

Didn't go to FIU. All of it was AFTER attending Friday night football game. With 7 road games this year, I will easily break my Personal Record.

Two very memorable seasons for my wife and I to attend every Mean Green road football game....

2010 Season - 11,142 miles

2011 Season - 7,562 miles

• Upvote 2

A lot of us have made a pact to attend all CUSA 2013 inaugural season road games in football so it will be cool to see how that schedule turns out!

I doubt I would make every away game but I'll make as many as I can.

North Texas 338

So....then North Texas is 338 miles from Denton? I know it's a long walk from the Fouts parking lot to Apogee, but this is ridiculous!

• Upvote 1

So....then North Texas is 338 miles from Denton? I know it's a long walk from the Fouts parking lot to Apogee, but this is ridiculous!

I guess that it wasn't very clear the way I stated it. Let me try it again. From North Texas to the other six division members is a total of 2,028 miles, or an average of 338 miles. The next lowest average miles of the 12 teams that will begin play in 2013 is Rice. The total mileage from Houston to every member city in their division is 2,137 or an average of 356. etc. etc.

I think that I understand it but I may have lost something in the translation. And, until they get the footbridge in across I-35E you never know where a detour will take you. Of course, if you didn't park in the Fouts parking lot....

Edited by GrayEagle