Wade Davis comes out

Great! Now any kid that plays DB will think it's ok to be gay.

(discalimer... that was a joke. Its ridiculous if you think that a gay person is living a "alternative" lifestyle that is out of touch with the norm. If you do think that then you are wrong. Flat out you're freaking wrong.)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1. Who?

2. Who cares? I think that most of America doesn't give a rat's ass if someone is gay or straight, it's the media that makes a big deal about it. The rest of America may have strong opinions on same sex marriage, but don't care if someone is gay or straight. Now, if they are objectum-sexual, THEN most of us would be like, "wHAAAAA?"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2. Who cares? I think that most of America doesn't give a rat's ass if someone is gay or straight, it's the media that makes a big deal about it. The rest of America may have strong opinions on same sex marriage, but don't care if someone is gay or straight. Now, if they are objectum-sexual, THEN most of us would be like, "wHAAAAA?"

My earlier point exactly! Obviously NT03 missed that point. My post was thoughtful content and, if folks took any time to think about it rather than just trying to be cute, they would have known exactly what I was trying to say. Perhaps you said it better and in a bit more "basic" way so some (NT03) could actually understand the point i was trying to make.

It's no big deal, in my opinion, at all if this guy is straight or gay, and really isn't news of note these days...thus...WHO CARES?

My earlier point exactly! Obviously NT03 missed that point. My post was thoughtful content and, if folks took any time to think about it rather than just trying to be cute, they would have known exactly what I was trying to say. Perhaps you said it better and in a bit more "basic" way so some (NT03) could actually understand the point i was trying to make.

It's no big deal, in my opinion, at all if this guy is straight or gay, and really isn't news of note these days...thus...WHO CARES?

You obviously missed my point that I was just replying the exact same way you did someone else in 1 of your earlier threads.

I don't care If someone is gay or straight , but I think it took courage for a proffesional athlete to come out & admit this

I love how testy people seem to get around election time

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Didn't seem that way when I drunkenly hugged you at the Houston game last year! Was that really a flask in your pocket?

Your mustache/gotee combination was confusing in my drunken state? :unsure:

Funny thing is, I actually DID have a flask in my pocket for that game.

Who cares?

Maybe other gay athletes or gays in general who are trying to find the courage to come out and actually be themselves?

If more stories come out like this, it could allow more people to feel confident to do this. It takes a courageous action for someone to come out, let alone publicly when you were a public figure (although I had no clue who Wade Davis is).

• Upvote 1

Who cares?

Maybe other gay athletes or gays in general who are trying to find the courage to come out and actually be themselves?

If more stories come out like this, it could allow more people to feel confident to do this. It takes a courageous action for someone to come out, let alone publicly when you were a public figure (although I had no clue who Wade Davis is).

Maybe we should use words other than courageous, don't you think?

Others that come to mind. Self-absorbed, hedonistic, dramatic, attention seeking, agenda driven.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Silly UNT90, don't you know, anything against the image of the white, straight, Christian, male is "courageous"?

I know.

In my silliness, I think words like "courageous" should be saved to describe people who... really are courageous.

You know, military personnel who have excelled in battle conditions (no, just being a member of the military is not in itself courageous), people who have demostratred the ability to run toward danger while others are running away, you know, things like that.

It's not "courageous" to have sex, whether with a man or a woman. It's not "courageous" to proudly proclaim the sex of the person with who you are having sex. It is simply self absorbed look-at-me-ism.

It wouldn't have even been "courageous" if this guy (who no one had ever heard of before his "courageous" coming out) had come out while he was actually playing in the NFL.

I can't help but wonder why he didn't make that "courageous" decision...

• Upvote 2

I think we all agree that there are those who give any group a bad name. As a Christian, I am offened by that video. I would appreciate you NOT lumping all Christians with that guy.

Thank you in advace for your consideration and I trust that you will respect me and remove that video.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't even think that guy IS a Christian. I only got to the first chorus, but he appeared to be mocking Christians with the over the top video and perfect hair. Not all Christians look "perefct" ie P.O.D.

Edited by Rudy