Coach Wintrich As A Personal Trainer

All About UNT

So I wrote to Coach Wintrich and asked if he had ever considered putting together a physical training program that utilizes the same types of cardio and exercise that our players get. This means using the tools you saw them using in Winter Workouts on the field (since he owns that equipment). He is asking RV if we can have permission to do it on the practice fields and/or the stadium but the point is.... he is interested. If we cannot get access to the stadium then surely we can find an awesome place to host these sessions.

With it just being in conceptual form at the moment I wanted to put the feelers out there and see what you think about it. Couple of questions though:

1.) This would be geared towards alumni but I am sure he would take anyone interested. How many of you would be interested in having Wintrich as your Drill Instructor?

2.) Would you want it to be a once a month type of event or are there enough of you in the area that would consider it being more a habitual "boot camp" style personal training?

3.) Would you be willing to pay to have this type of service?

Again....calisthenics would be done for certain but we are seeing about access to either the fields or even some type of weights setup (please open the Weight Room RV :gym: )

With potential huge news in the pipe for us this week I doubt RV can sit down and consider smaller matters like this but after everything settles down we might be able to get the gears in motion.

If you are interested.....state the following:

1.) How many sessions a month you would be game for

2.) What time of day (early morning or evening) would work best

Let's see what we can put together since it is rare that an opportunity to be worked out by a DIV I Strength and Conditioning Coach presents itself. He sounds more than onboard with the idea and we just need to get a size estimation on the demand.

Go Mean Green!

If Coach Wintrich is willing to do this but cannot use the athletics facility I might be able to get access to other facilites at UNT that would be appropriate for this.

Also I would be interested in participating as well once a week would be good for me. Mornings are best.

Edited by Elvis
  • Upvote 2

I am definitely interested. I know one other person who would be in as well. I think at least once a week would be necessary; if there's some kind of take away where we have a routine to follow in between meetings, once every couple of weeks or could also work. Mornings would work best for me, but I can make evenings work, too.

On point #2, I'd bet my bottom dollar that if this became some kind of boot camp advertised to alums and students, you could make it well worth Coach Wintrich's time. For those of y'all who aren't in the UNT community (as far as working here or being a student), the Rec Center offers classes like this for a fee and the "boot camp" style courses (Cross Fit, Fit Camp, Kettlebells) are very popular. I know the Cross Fit course sells out pretty quickly each semester its offered.

• Upvote 1

Appreciate your take but are you aware that during the summer his schedule will be largely free?

I sure hope not!!! Actually I know it is not, but there might be enough space in his schedule for him to do a a couple of hours per weeks on the side.

Edited by Elvis
  • Upvote 1