Your Promo Ideas To Fill Wing Section Every Game?

I've referenced this before and I think it's a great idea. At KState they have a Loyalty Season ticket program. If you go to at least 5 of 6 home games your season ticket price is $99 from year to year. In our case something like $50-$75 seems like a fair price. I've been told that might be cheaping down the stadium and the program. My thoughts these coaches and these players don't give a dam how much you paid to get in the stadium they just want you there cheering for the team. Now addressing getting these students to come to a game for free, I give up on how to fix that problem because that blows my mind.

Free or heavily discounted tickets to any Denton High School student or letter jacket wearers (recruiting bonus) or Denton resident. Another possibility would be to give those Wing tickets out to local merchants so they can give them to their loyal customers or run a special with. Get Denton involved somehow. We may not see revenue from the tickets, but we will from concessions and parking.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Every fan that buys a seat in the "wing zone" gets a chance to "catch" a autographed jersey from Mean Joe Greene. Now, it's not really a catch but a drawing held each home game after the 3rd quarter. The jumbo tron would show Mean Joe "throwing" a jersey toward the fans (toward the camera) and the lucky winner would be announced over the PA system.

"Hey Mean Green fans...Catch." And then the winner's name would be called.

You have to give Joe your Souvenier-cup-size coke first before you actually get the jersey, so that's an extra $6 in the coffers each week!

I like this idea!

• Upvote 1

Every fan that buys a seat in the "wing zone" gets a chance to "catch" a autographed jersey from Mean Joe Greene. Now, it's not really a catch but a drawing held each home game after the 3rd quarter. The jumbo tron would show Mean Joe "throwing" a jersey toward the fans (toward the camera) and the lucky winner would be announced over the PA system.

"Hey Mean Green fans...Catch." And then the winner's name would be called.

I think Mean Joe may be a little beaten down by this.

Don't you?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Are you kidding me!? That might attract the Greeks!

As a member of the Greek community that really hurts. I go to every game, yell and cheer until my voice is gone, drink to the losses, and drink twice as much to the wins. However, I love college football and love the Mean Green even more. In all honesty, from what I have gathered, the only way to gain student support (both Greek and non Greek) is to win consistently. That shouldn't be the case but that's what it is. In the mean time the athletic department should do what every business in Denton does to attract students: PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS!! Since coach Mac has come to UNT the promotions have improved dramatically but can definitely be improved. One of the best that I saw was when the sun glasses were given out. Students loved that and I know more promotions like it would boost attendance.

Edited by D-ry
  • Upvote 2

As a member of the Greek community that really hurts. I go to every game, yell and cheer until my voice is gone, drink to the losses, and drink twice as much to the wins. However, I love college football and love the Mean Green even more. In all honesty, from what I have gathered, the only way to gain student support (both Greek and non Greek) is to win consistently. That shouldn't be the case but that's what it is. In the mean time the athletic department should do what every business in Denton does to attract students: PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS!! Since coach Mac has come to UNT the promotions have improved dramatically but can definitely be improved. One of the best that I saw was when the sun glasses were given out. Students loved that and I know more promotions like it would boost attendance.

Welcome to the board. The post you quoted is dripping with facetiousness and sarcasm.

That said, you drink no matter what happens? Oh, the horror.

• Upvote 1

Welcome aboard. Look forward to meeting you in the fall or maybe at the Spring Game. What greek organization are you a member of?

• Upvote 1

I'm rather surprised that they haven't been hyping the "Wingzone"...

It's the signature of the stadium. It's in the logo of the stadium for crying out loud. It's the most marketable part of the stadium.

Whatever promotion we come up with- it has to be huge.

As far as I can tell, in the idea world:

Alumni side for Alumni

Student side for students

Wingzone for random people from around the DFW, families, and groups that we offer promotions to

Isn't this the ideal situation?

• Upvote 1

has anyone suggested having students check in via foursquare or facebook... whoever goes to the most home games for UNT over a Calendar year should receive a prize of some sort...

this would need to cover all UNT Athletic Events... from football to track to to tennis to softball

Edited by golfingomez
  • Upvote 1

Give discounts to all area JC / Communtity College students, TCJC DCCC, Collin County, Grayson etc.

I've had conversions with several DCC and TCJC students this year regarding the new Football experience at UNT (Apogee).

I am sure that at least 5 students I spoke with will try to attend a game, they plan to applying for admission to UNT after obtain thier AA degree.

• Upvote 3

Welcome aboard. Look forward to meeting you in the fall or maybe at the Spring Game. What greek organization are you a member of?

I am a member of Sigma Chi. This is my last semester as an undergrad, and will hopefully be starting grad school at UNT in the Fall. I will definitely be at the Spring Game, looking forward to meeting a few members as well!

• Upvote 1

I am a member of Sigma Chi. This is my last semester as an undergrad, and will hopefully be starting grad school at UNT in the Fall. I will definitely be at the Spring Game, looking forward to meeting a few members as well!

Welcome to the board and we would love to have you participate in the flag football game we are sponsoring 10:00am on April 21st if you are free. We are playing it in Apogee stadium prior to the Spring game. GMG!

Hey man, welcome to the board. Just as a matter of clarification, I was taunting some others who are constantly going on about the ills of the greek community. I was a member myself once upon a time, and I welcome our new couch sitting, beer guzzling overlords with open arms.

Welcome to the board and we would love to have you participate in the flag football game we are sponsoring 10:00am on April 21st if you are free. We are playing it in Apogee stadium prior to the Spring game. GMG!

I would love to play in the flag football game. Does the $25.00 fee need to be paid prior to the day of the game or can be paid when we show up? Also, another clarification, I really didn't take offense to the crack at the Greeks. I just love to jump at the chance to defend the Greek community (despite the fact that I understand most of the negative flack we receive).

I would love to play in the flag football game. Does the $25.00 fee need to be paid prior to the day of the game or can be paid when we show up? Also, another clarification, I really didn't take offense to the crack at the Greeks. I just love to jump at the chance to defend the Greek community (despite the fact that I understand most of the negative flack we receive).

No just bring it with you!! Would love to have you in the mix!