Tony Mitchell and FIU?

All About UNT

Miami Herald

"A source out at Camp Mitch says Mitchell would be on the FIU bench Thursday instead of North Texas', but he was rejected by FIU as too big an academic risk."

"That also seems funny in light of Mitchell thorwing down a one-handed, windmill, Dominique Wilkins-escque dunk, then breaking off some verbal disrespect to the FIU bench (one person at that end of the court later said it was the F-bomb)."

Sounds like FIU is a little high on itself and looking for excuses here.

Miami Herald

"A source out at Camp Mitch says Mitchell would be on the FIU bench Thursday instead of North Texas', but he was rejected by FIU as too big an academic risk."

"That also seems funny in light of Mitchell thorwing down a one-handed, windmill, Dominique Wilkins-escque dunk, then breaking off some verbal disrespect to the FIU bench (one person at that end of the court later said it was the F-bomb)."

Sounds like FIU is a little high on itself and looking for excuses here.

Ha! Was this before or after an FIU player (like a little girl) slapped him in the face?

Ha! Was this before or after an FIU player (like a little girl) slapped him in the face?

Before. That kid should have been ejected. He had fouled Tony coming down on his head, the whistle blew, and he came up and hit him in the face. Lil punk bitch!

Reminds of Charlie Weatherby similar dumb remarks about Jamario Thomas. Although, Weatherby comments were worse because he was head football coach at ULM at the time. He basically said Thomas wasn't smart enough to get into ULM of all places, either didn't know Thomas had dyslexia or didn't know enough about it, to know it has nothing to do with intelligence.

With Mitchell's fame comes a lot of baggage, how many players score 17 with a variety of dunks, have 12 rebounds and 4 blocks and generally alter the flow of the game and are seen as having a sub-standard game. Every little gesture is going to magnified and more envious opponents' fans are going to take shots.

On a positive note, those particular refs must have got the message to let them play. On a negative, Mitchell's first foul was totally obvious and had to be called; I thought tony was going to see a lot of bench time, than the refs proceeded to let them play and called if anything a too loose game. It made for some good basketball, but I don't want someone to get hurt.

Edited by GrandGreen

I remember the announcers on CSS last night saying something to the effect of "Isaiah Thomas got to know Tony Mitchell when TM was going to the prep school here" (in Florida), and "he (Isaiah Thomas) thought he would get TM to go to FIU." Wishful thinking, or trying to talk up his recruiting reputation? Either way, it was absurd.

Emmitt probably has a better story, but one time I had a class with this really hot girl and I talked to her a few times. I asked her to homecoming and she also had offers from some super popular guys that were way cooler than me. Eventually she went with a guy who wasn't as popular, but he's a real good guy. I really hoped for a while she might go with me though.

• Upvote 2