2013 HS - Keith Frazier - 6'5" SG

High School: Kimball (Dallas)

AAU: DJH5

Rivals listing: 4 star prospect, 4th ranked SG and 13th overall nationally in the class of 2013.

ESPN listing: 5 star prospect, 97 grade. 18th ranked prospect overall nationally, 6th at his position nationally, 5th overall in the region and 4th overall in the state of Texas.

Rivals lists offers from 15 programs. One is North Texas. The others are all BCS schools (or, in the case of TCU, will be BCS schools by 2013). EDIT: Except for Memphis, which I overlooked in my enthusiastic skimming of his offer list. Among them are traditional powers like Kansas, UCLA, and Texas. Every Texas school in the future Big 12 has already offered, as has Texas A&M.

Before transferring to Kimball HS (Jordan Williams' old school) this year, Frazier played at Irving HS. In his sophomore year, he averaged 21 points per game while playing against 5A competition. Even as a freshman, Frazier was frequently scoring 20 and 30+ points against varsity 5A competition.

Many, many exciting highlight reels are available online.

For anyone who might wish to follow his ruminations on life, school, recruitment, and so forth... Young Mr. Frazier is active on Twitter. Remember- DO NOT CONTACT RECRUITS.

ESPN analysts named Frazier one of the 3 top shooters at an elite camp during the summer of 2011. The other two listed were both 2012 recruits: Ricardo Ledo (8th ranked national prospect per Rivals) and Kaitin Reinhardt (45th nationally per Rivals).

Frazier, quoted during the summer of 2011, says he plans on waiting until "the last minute" before choosing his college destination. That would mean April signing period in 2013.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

Not to nitpick, but Memphis isn't a BCS school. Feel free to delete this if you so choose all powerful moderator of the basketball recruiting forum. :D

Frankly... I was caught off guard when I saw we were in pursuit. Got so eager to research the rest of the post, I erred in describing his other offers.

You are correct, sir. I skimmed past Memphis when I said all the other offers were from BCS schools. You are free to shame and scold me at the next game.

Amended: Frazier has offers from North Texas, a gaggle of BCS schools, and Memphis.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's a reach. Frazier will have fraction, if any impact on a team as a freshman, especially if compared to TM. Wherever he lands, those fans will be frustrated with him, especially as a freshman. See Lebryan Nash...

Yet I bet Frazier would never see the floor at NT or anywhere else as a freshman. What in the world are you saying? Frazier has about the same national ranking as Mitchell as a freshman, and I guess he would start at NT in his first game. Would he have the impact of Mitchell, probably not; but he is an excellent HS player who just about has his pick of universities to attend. As an aside I think Nash would do just fine at NT too.

• Upvote 2

Yet I bet Frazier would never see the floor at NT or anywhere else as a freshman. What in the world are you saying? Frazier has about the same national ranking as Mitchell as a freshman, and I guess he would start at NT in his first game. Would he have the impact of Mitchell, probably not; but he is an excellent HS player who just about has his pick of universities to attend. As an aside I think Nash would do just fine at NT too.

He is a young player with tremendous upside. Does he have the size or athleticism of TM? Not even close. TM has the size, length, and athleticism to play anywhere in the country. TM is going to be a lottery pick in the NBA next year.

Frazier is a volume shooter who will have to learn how hard he must work to have an impact in the college game. He'll need a lot of attention and pushing to succeed as a freshman at the D1 level. Not saying he won't eventually have an impact. He's only been defended a few times like he will be at the D1 level and those results haven't been pretty.

Ask any of the NBA scouts you see watching TM if they project Frazier as a lottery pick?

Not saying Frazier won't be a really nice college player. Am saying he won't have anywhere near the impact TM has or will have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He is a young player with tremendous upside. Does he have the size or athleticism of TM? Not even close. TM has the size, length, and athleticism to play anywhere in the country. TM is going to be a lottery pick in the NBA next year.

Frazier is a volume shooter who will have to learn how hard he must work to have an impact in the college game. He'll need a lot of attention and pushing to succeed as a freshman at the D1 level. Not saying he won't eventually have an impact. He's only been defended a few times like he will be at the D1 level and those results haven't been pretty.

Ask any of the NBA scouts you see watching TM if they project Frazier as a lottery pick?

Not saying Frazier won't be a really nice college player. Am saying he won't have anywhere near the impact TM has or will have.

Keith Frazier is a better pro prospect than Tony Mitchell right now. Will not be the better college player but his game is better suited for the NBA. At 6-5, he can shoot with the best of them but does not have Mitchell’s versatility or athleticism. Ridicules NBA range beyond 3 pt range.

• Upvote 1

Keith Frazier is a better pro prospect than Tony Mitchell right now. Will not be the better college player but his game is better suited for the NBA. At 6-5, he can shoot with the best of them but does not have Mitchell’s versatility or athleticism. Ridicules NBA range beyond 3 pt range.

Lots of pro basketball around the world he might be a better prospect for. NBA isn't one one of them....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Lots of pro basketball around the world he might be a better prospect for. NBA isn't one one of them....

Scout rates Frazier the number 2 sg in the nation and a 5 star recruit. He has been rated one of the best players in the area since his freshman year at Irving. He has also already been offered a ship at Arizona, UT, Baylor and by many others. Mitchell is the only player NT has ever signed above a three star, so the changes of NT getting Frazier are probably razor thin. So this debate is silly, but your opinion of Frazier ability is a lot less than those paid for their opinions. Frankly, I don't know what flaws you see that few others do not, but based on what I have seen; Frazier is a super bb player and more than likely would dominate the Belt.

Scout rates Frazier the number 2 sg in the nation and a 5 star recruit. He has been rated one of the best players in the area since his freshman year at Irving. He has also already been offered a ship at Arizona, UT, Baylor and by many others. Mitchell is the only player NT has ever signed above a three star, so the changes of NT getting Frazier are probably razor thin. So this debate is silly, but your opinion of Frazier ability is a lot less than those paid for their opinions. Frankly, I don't know what flaws you see that few others do not, but based on what I have seen; Frazier is a super bb player and more than likely would dominate the Belt.

Have you seen him play? Multiple games? Over multiple seasons? I said he was gonna be a nice player. I just disagreed that he'd have anywhere near the impact to a team TM has had with us. If you understand how the rating services work and who is involved, you understand how the hype occurs. Sorry I poked you in the eye. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I'll try to be more gentle next time.

Have you seen him play? Multiple games? Over multiple seasons? I said he was gonna be a nice player. I just disagreed that he'd have anywhere near the impact to a team TM has had with us. If you understand how the rating services work and who is involved, you understand how the hype occurs. Sorry I poked you in the eye. Sorry I hurt your feelings. I'll try to be more gentle next time.

Yes, I have seen him play a few times, not many and not this year. You also did a lot more than just say he would not have the impact of Mitchell. You said he would have a difficult time anywhere his freshmen year. That is an opinion, that is apparently not widely held but you are entitled to it. Perhaps you should apply to one of those rating agencies, they probably would enjoy your input.

As far as hurting my feelings, I believe I can withstand your comments; it will be tough but I will try to survive your editorial splendor.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Frazier continues to impress this poster with about 7 NBA bombs last night against SOC. Kimball was not as balanced as SOC this year and fell for the 2nd time to the Golden Bears; in a battle for the district championship.

The Dallas ISD was down this year, but Frazier should be the favorite to win the POY honor in Dallas.

Frazier continues to impress this poster with about 7 NBA bombs last night against SOC. Kimball was not as balanced as SOC this year and fell for the 2nd time to the Golden Bears; in a battle for the district championship.

The Dallas ISD was down this year, but Frazier should be the favorite to win the POY honor in Dallas.

Sounds like a player we could really use. Don't think we can ever have enough shooters!

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen Frazier a little, and the kid is as polished a guard as you will find at his age. Pure shooter, great athlete, great size. Would love to have him. With CJ and Jordan progressing next year, then adding Frazier, that's as good of a backcourt as you will find in the country. That's being said, I would be surprised if he ended up here. Pleasantly surprised, but still surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Old news on Frazier. Everyone knows recruiting is rampart in Dallas and most metropolitan areas. The UIL and Brett Shipp are jokes! Shipp only runs with stories involving 5 star athletics and state champs. (Predominately DISD) Right Tony and Jordan? Kids have been transferring to other schools (for athletic reasons) for years. The UIL is well aware but does not have the resourses to police it. Instead, they don't act until the Brett Shipps of the world forces their hand. Coaches don't tell on each other because their team is generally loaded with kids outside of their community.

It's 2012 Brett, get with the program. This is not breaking news!

Appreciate the insight...it only piqued my interest because it was being discussed on the Ticket.

Totally missed ths segment on the ticket & tv ... Is Frazier the player in question ? I thought it was Shannon Lilly ? Or both ?