McCarney hires Skladany as new UNT DC

Brett Vito

so the guy we offered last year and he turned us down..... found himself unemployed and is more than happy to come onboard now? I don't really agree with this but what do I know.

It doesn't make sense to me because of this: We have a recent history of bad tackling and not making important stops on defense...so we hire a guy that got fired because his players couldn't tackle or make big stops on defense?

It doesn't even seem like we took the time to look around, or try and lure someone away...we just hire the guy that just got fired and has nowhere else to go. Obviously that is speculation, but to an outsider that is what it looks like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't like this one bit.

On paper it is disappointing to say the least...

1) Clint Bowen was doing a great job

2) It seems as though we didn't even search around for a better candidate

3) We hire a guy that just got fired from a non-AQ school

and most importantly

4) No one seems to know what happened to Clint Bowen.

Here's a bio on Skladany:

http://www.ucfathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/skladany_john00.html

You may recall his name was coming up a lot when McCarney was hired and even after he left UCF. In fact, I seem to recall he turned down McCarney's initial offer to come here...

I will say this, from my contacts -- Skladany is feared as a recruiter -- he may be one of the best in the business. Not to say Bowen wasn't good at it either but this guy is very well respected in the coaching community.

Here's a bio on Skladany:

http://www.ucfathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/skladany_john00.html

You may recall his name was coming up a lot when McCarney was hired and even after he left UCF. In fact, I seem to recall he turned down McCarney's initial offer to come here...

I will say this, from my contacts -- Skladany is feared as a recruiter -- he may be one of the best in the business. Not to say Bowen wasn't good at it either but this guy is very well respected in the coaching community.

I don't have any "contacts", but his Rivals recruiting profile doesn't look to impressive. I hope I'm wrong,

Skladany Recruiting Profile