Can we fix the crappy sidewalk to the Super Pit ?

NT03

For those who walk to the SuperPit from Fouts you know what I'm talking about. It's an eyesore. I mean seriously , it would take maybe an hour or 2 to fix with people working hard on the project.

It's the new year and I feel like bitchin already . GMG !!!

• Upvote 4

What's the problem with the walkway? Just asking......I live far away and really don't know

they have the concrete torn out. Maybe they need to do something below ground under where the sidewalk used to be, but it has been torn out for quid a while, and it is an eyesore and I could see it being hard to navigate for some of our older patrons.

Edited by UNT90

they are doing alot of water infrastructure work around campus.

Theres a sign across the street from the pit where they have all the shipment containers explaining it, cant remember the website though.

Thanks for the info. So are the sidewalks like that all around campus and did it give a timeframe on when it may be fixed ?

Thanks for the info. So are the sidewalks like that all around campus and did it give a timeframe on when it may be fixed ?

Im not sure, its probably been taking them longer because of fall semester was in session but hopefully it wont take too long.

From what I can remember, Its supposed to save the school on cost of water and amount used along with other "eco-friendly" upgrades around campus.

I had a class at gateway so I walked by it every week, just cant remember the rest.

I would like for athletics to get the ball rolling on the new track facility, more importantly baseball though.

It would be nice if they built a new super pit where Fouts is with the upgrades that cant be done with the current one.

-Being OWNED by the athletic department

-Suites

-able to host hockey games(current format at Superpit cant fit a hockey rink, UNT hockey team has to play in Farmers Branch, Grapevine, Frisco. They have only one loss this season when they split with A&M. Looking to head to Regionals this year)

-team store

-updated video boards, center hanging video board(current super pit roof can not support one)

-expandable,collapsible seats to host concerts, tournaments, & events for extra revenue

-updated locker rooms, training facilities

I could go on with the potential improvements but its something worth thinking about because The Superpit is not ideal for upgrades with all the concrete and layout,being owned by the University, ADA compliance issues that would have to be addressed if we did renovate.TBH, The Super Pit is not Cameron Indoor so not too many people will be sad to see it replaced with an new facility. North Texas is the best in DFW and deserves it after a good run in the Tournament.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The pit is actually a pretty decent facility to watch basketball in. I was unimpressed with the Frank Irwin center in Austin. It has some things I wish we did like video boards and suites, but as far as seating goes, I feel like the pit has more seats right on top of the court with better viewing angles.

Also, it won't be long before someone comes here to tell all of you to donate more money and stop making upgrade suggestions.

The pit is actually a pretty decent facility to watch basketball in. I was unimpressed with the Frank Irwin center in Austin. It has some things I wish we did like video boards and suites, but as far as seating goes, I feel like the pit has more seats right on top of the court with better viewing angles.

Also, it won't be long before someone comes here to tell all of you to donate more money and stop making upgrade suggestions.

Well I am a student so its pretty hard for me to come up with funds as is since I am paying out of pocket working full time.

Just hopeful suggestions man, pretty sure everyone is entitled to have that without being told they need to donate to have an opinion.

• Upvote 1

Well I am a student so its pretty hard for me to come up with funds as is since I am paying out of pocket working full time.

Just hopeful suggestions man, pretty sure everyone is entitled to have that without being told they need to donate to have an opinion.

I'm not the one you should be telling that to.

Some of our fans can't take constructive criticism unless it comes with a check.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NqQ8viILAo

For a renovation option, UM was however able to do the renovation to Crisler Arena which turned out pretty amazing. They had to shut it down for almost 5 months and work around the clock to get it done.

That is the issue with the university owning it would be the moving the future events, graduations planned during off season. Not allowing time for this renovation most likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BomN7SfsBtA

Final Product

From a personal experience, I played in the old Crisler Arena about 7 years ago in HS for the UM summer camp when Tommy Amaker was the head coach(who now has Harvard in the Top 25)

It has a very similar layout to the pit, just obviously bigger and does not have the sunken floor.

As someone who just graduated two weeks ago, I can tell you that I direly understand and empathize with your plight, but you will hold absolutely no water with certain entities around these here parts. There are some self perceived very large goldfish in this tiny little pond.

• Upvote 1

The pit is actually a pretty decent facility to watch basketball in.

As someone who grew up in various Big West facilities, the first time I set foot in the Super Pit, I thought I had mistakenly entered an NBA arena. 10,000 cushioned chairbacks? Are you kidding me? The only real amenity I see in newer, much more expensive venues, are accommodations for separating the monocle crowd from the plebes. That said, if there were a club level for basketball, I would admit intrigue, cuz I'm all legit monocle and whatnot.

• Upvote 1