Future FB Schedules of All NCAA FBS Schools Link

PlummMeanGreen

If we absolutely cannot back out of LSU or UH, peace out KSU.

That's the one away OOC that there is zero chance of cancelling. If you will recall, they wanted out of their game here in 2010, and we would not let them buy out. We will play this game at K St. and then probably not play them again for a very long time.

I think the greatest harm in next year's schedule is only having 5 home games, but if that hurts season ticket sales or MGC memberships, then those "fans" are just adding to the problem.

People will always have excuses not to buy season tickets or join the MGC. It use to be because of Dodge, before that it was Dickey, before that Simon, before that because we were 1-AA...now it is our home schedule for next year.

• Upvote 1

I think the greatest harm in next year's schedule is only having 5 home games, but if that hurts season ticket sales or MGC memberships, then those "fans" are just adding to the problem.

People will always have excuses not to buy season tickets or join the MGC. It use to be because of Dodge, before that it was Dickey, before that Simon, before that because we were 1-AA...now it is our home schedule for next year.

Seriously guys? We are not talking about the die hard donors. We know that we have a small core of those who are not going anywhere. Key word is small. If you want to expand that core, you have to get them to the games in the first place to show what you have. If you want to get them to the games, you have to give them a reason to come. The Houston game was a great selling opportunity for the AD staff, as was the Indiana game. Texas Southern?? The casual, barely interested fan could give a crap about that.

And you follow that up with 5 home games and Texas freaking Southern? How do you market this schedule to new MGC members. Please, tell me, because I would love (and need) to know. It's about expanding (or at least trying to expand) your fan base. This schedule makes that task virtually impossible.

Like I said, changes can still be made and may even be underway as we speak. It would greatly benefit the AD to announce any changes ASAP once they are made.

• Upvote 1

The more I read this thread, the more I am beginning to realize that we are just always going to be a SBC team for a long time. We run our AD as if we have the perfect conference for a program in the Metroplex, when in fact, we are in the worst possible conference for our location to draw fans out to Apogee. We just schedule poorly and we look at ourselves very lowly. If UTSA can recruit kids (with that future schedule, I would assume they will) that can get results done, they WILL move upward before we do. They have a facility that can hold a lot of fans and a destination city to get teams to visit. And on another program's schedule, I believe that Texas State have a future HOME GAME against Texas Tech? Oh well, we got Texas Southern...

whoosh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

It looks like TSU and Houston have been scratched when they used to be up there.

http://www.fbschedul...-mean-green.php

Could this be true and the AD have something good brewing? :thumbsu:

Good news if true. With MGC renewals fast approaching, they need to make an announcement as soon as possible, even if the announcement is simply that they are working hard to get 6 home games for this year and Tx Southern has been cancelled.

It looks like TSU and Houston have been scratched when they used to be up there.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-belt/north-texas-mean-green.php

Could this be true and the AD have something good

brewing? :thumbsu:

Both games have been off there for awhile now.. there was a thread I started a month or 2 ago about it. RV told Vito that both games were still on as of now even after they were taken off that site

Based on that site, we have two games at Iowa with no return and two at Army with no return. I have a hard time believing that is accurate.

The Army series is a four game series starting in 2016 with two games in Denton and two games at West Point. The games at West Point are in 2016 and 2018 with the other two being in Denton. The web site FBschedules.com shows these games and others.

The more I read this thread, the more I am beginning to realize that we are just always going to be a SBC team for a long time. We run our AD as if we have the perfect conference for a program in the Metroplex, when in fact, we are in the worst possible conference for our location to draw fans out to Apogee. We just schedule poorly and we look at ourselves very lowly. If UTSA can recruit kids (with that future schedule, I would assume they will) that can get results done, they WILL move upward before we do. They have a facility that can hold a lot of fans and a destination city to get teams to visit. And on another program's schedule, I believe that Texas State have a future HOME GAME against Texas Tech? Oh well, we got Texas Southern...

whoosh

If what is happening in this thread of speculation is true, then I agree. If things are being reworked behind the scenes and a new schedule comes out soon with a few key changes, I'll be happy. The season is 8 months away and there is still a bit of schedule upheaval and hand-wringing across college football. It's very fair to be concerned, but there's just no way this thing stays the way it is on paper now. If we keep this schedule, I'll bring the torches and lube for the raid on the athletic center.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If what is happening in this thread of speculation is true, then I agree. If things are being reworked behind the scenes and a new schedule comes out soon with a few key changes, I'll be happy. The season is 8 months away and there is still a bit of schedule upheaval and hand-wringing across college football. It's very fair to be concerned, but there's just no way this thing stays the way it is on paper now. If we keep this schedule, I'll bring the torches and lube for the raid on the athletic center.

I'll be right behind you... With the lube.

• Upvote 3

this is somewhat of a repeat of a previous post by yours truly, but LSU looks at NT as their opener next year the same way we look at Texas Southern. the difference is that LSU fans go to see the tigers play,while NT fans go to see who the eagles are playing.big difference in fan thought process and support, and until we make that transion we will always be an athletic afterthough.just an old man's opinion.

• Upvote 2

and I.....will be right in front of you with a bowl of Codfish and Asparagus.

Cuttlefish, sir. It's cuttlefish.

I don't deserve the vanilla paste.

Edited by Quoner