For those begging for Chico

eppy4life

I wish I had time to go back and find all the posters wanting RV to 'lock the gate' and hire Chico for HC, compare that to those whining about his play calling and demanding him be replaced already, find the matches, and send you all PM's that read 'Shut up.' I'm on record as taking the refusal to accept excuses stance but my frustrations don't include wanting our staff replaced.

I believe we have a great staff in place and I'm fine letting them go through a few bumps along the way. I'm also fine with complaining through those bumps but those that wanted the man as HC 10 months ago and now want him fired need to do just as my ghost PM says.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I wish I had time to go back and find all the posters wanting RV to 'lock the gate' and hire Chico for HC, compare that to those whining about his play calling and demanding him be replaced already, find the matches, and send you all PM's that read 'Shut up.' I'm on record as taking the refusal to accept excuses stance but my frustrations don't include wanting our staff replaced.

I believe we have a great staff in place and I'm fine letting them go through a few bumps along the way. I'm also fine with complaining through those bumps but those that wanted the man as HC 10 months ago and now want him fired need to do just as my ghost PM says.

Chico does not need to be fired. But.............Chico is not the same Chico personality-wise like last year. I think the man is still bitter over not getting the HC job. Hey, that's life in the big-leagues. Well, how about the "mid-major" leagues anyway. Chico has a burr under his saddle and it shows.

• Upvote 2

Me too. But I am not convinced he has full reign of the O. I want more for sure but I think comparing this role in this regime is not the same as evaluating him as our head coach. I am not ready to kick him to the curb. DM owns this whole thing and he will be held accountable for the results as he should as the HC. He will make tough decisions if need be and I still believe in the collective group we have.

We have a chance to go to 3-1 at Apogee this weekend. That in and of itself is a really nice. I would love a road win and a 4-0 mark too, but we have often had to wait until the end of November to get to 3 wins and we may 3 or 4 before Halloween. Outstanding!

BRING IT THIS WEEKEND! Be Loud! Let them hear us at the Ballpark in Arlington!

gmg

• Upvote 1

Please remember that Coach McCarney stated all game plans are developed and reviewed by the entire staff.

The offensive game plan was approved by the staff prior to the game.

If your bashing Coach Canales, you should also bash Coach McCarney.

In reality, there should not be any bashing of any coach or players.

The NT offensive and defensive teams are playing with freshmen, red shirt freshmen, sophomores, and a few

seniors thrown in. All predictions I read about this season was calling for a 4-8 season, not a SBC championship.

This staff will get NT back to dominating the SBC and to bowl games.

Former Louisiana HFC Ricky Bussel, went 6-6 his last two years, plus Bussel recruited very well.

There were at least 20 OL and 20 DL players on the Louisiana roster, big guys with 1-3 years of expericence.

I would say the new Louisiana coach had a ton of veteran players available for his first season.

Games are won in the trenches! OL and DL guys take time to develop.

Plane and simple, North Texas was out manned the last quarter. That was a bunch of

tired players still giving 110% on the field. NT had their chances to choke Louisiana, and that is what

is the most disappointing to me. So close but yet so far away. This team is learning, and sometimes learning

hurts. Learn from the game and get ready for Monroe, who just beat Troy 38-10 last Saturday.

I am actually looking toward the 2012 season to show the greatest improvment. Not the 2011 season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I thought Coach Canales should have been given a shot beyond the interim period, but I also didn't realize that he handed over play calling duties to Conroy Hines during that timeframe until recently. I just want to see him be a little more creative.

PM me if you see fit.

Chico does not need to be fired. But.............Chico is not the same Chico personality-wise like last year. I think the man is still bitter over not getting the HC job. Hey, that's life in the big-leagues. Well, how about the "mid-major" leagues anyway. Chico has a burr under his saddle and it shows.

Not so sure that Chico is bitter as maybe some of the players might be. Who really knows? However,those last five games last year with all the injuries were a reason for hope this year. No doubt, something is diffrent.

Please remember that Coach McCarney stated all game plans are developed and reviewed by the entire staff.

The offensive game plan was approved by the staff prior to the game.

If your bashing Coach Canales, you should also bash Coach McCarney.

In reality, there should not be any bashing of any coach or players.

The NT offensive and defensive teams are playing with freshmen, red shirt freshmen, sophomores, and a few

seniors thrown in. All predictions I read about this season was calling for a 4-8 season, not a SBC championship.

This staff will get NT back to dominating the SBC and to bowl games.

Former Louisiana HFC Ricky Bussel, went 6-6 his last two years, plus Bussel recruited very well.

There were at least 20 OL and 20 DL players on the Louisiana roster, big guys with 1-3 years of expericence.

I would say the new Louisiana coach had a ton of veteran players available for his first season.

Games are won in the trenches! OL and DL guys take time to develop.

Plane and simple, North Texas was out manned the last quarter. That was a bunch of

tired players still giving 110% on the field. NT had their chances to choke Louisiana, and that is what

is the most disappointing to me. So close but yet so far away. This team is learning, and sometimes learning

hurts. Learn from the game and get ready for Monroe, who just beat Troy 38-10 last Saturday.

I am actually looking toward the 2012 season to show the greatest improvment. Not the 2011 season.

Thanks for speaking some sense.

I thought Coach Canales should have been given a shot beyond the interim period, but I also didn't realize that he handed over play calling duties to Conroy Hines during that timeframe until recently. I just want to see him be a little more creative.

PM me if you see fit.

Maybe we should have given Conroy Hines a shot at the OC position this year instead?

knee... meet jerk. you guys are long time friends on this board. didn't we ALL come into this season knowing we would be in for a difficult season. LISTEN TO THE COACHING STAFF. THEY TOLD US IT WAS GOING TO BE TOUGH.

of course, everybody on this board knows better. we should be scoring 30+ every game and giving up less than 10.

We have 2 wins. I predicted 5 total... Remember when June Jones won 0 GAMES in his first year? I bet the team McCarney inherited was worse than that smooo team...

Did Vito name this offense the fighting spork? Maybe everybody should stop making fun of him for being too pessimistic...

I love it when a fanbase thinks they know all the answers. Trust in coach mac and Chico! Stop pretending you guys have ALL the answers.

logic sux

Edited by SHOSS
  • Upvote 1

PM me if you see fit.

Lifer, I did not know about the Hines part either. But I have been thinking about somebody posting last year the record for Canales when he was the play caller at South Florida and Arizona. If I recall it was not very positive. I would like to see a re-post if anybody has it.

LISTEN TO THE COACHING STAFF. THEY TOLD US IT WAS GOING TO BE TOUGH.

This could be part of the problem. I would have rather McCarney said nothing at all than go around saying that we didn't have D1 size, and "it's going to take time" and stuff like that. The players hear that stuff too, and attitude is everything. I'm a firm believer that if a coach says stuff like this over and over again, the players will start to believe it about themselves, and attitude is everything. It is possible to be too realistic. If the Coach says publicly that he thinks it is going to take a while to turn things around, that does not exactly exude confidence (at least in the present) in the players he currently has no matter what he says in the locker room.

I do think Mccarney will get things turned around, sometimes I have to do a double-take at some of the things he says though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1